Train Your Tummy!

April 13th, 2007, 1:12 pm #1

Train Your Tummy!

1) Follow the Chinese saying: "Eat until you are eight-tenths full."

2) Eat S-L-O-W-LY. Make a conscious decision to slow down your pattern of eating. It takes 20 minutes for your brain to tell you that you are full.

3) Sip water. Make sure you take time to fill your stomach with a non-cal beverage during meal time.

4) Set your utensils down in between bites. Yes, make it a conscious habit rather than the shoveling technique.

5) Chew your food. In your mind count to 20 before you take your next bite.

6) Never eat in a rush while you are standing up, or while driving a vehicle. You will not realize the amount you are eating or be satisfied because your mind is otherwise distracted.

7) Eat your lower calorie foods first and save the higher calorie content foods and favorites for last.

I know that breaking these habits or establishing good ones are difficult, but try to envision a leisurely meal that you have really enjoyed in the past, and aim for that each and every meal until you have got it down to a pat. You will find your appetite being retrained to eat until satisfaction rather than fullness or discomfort.

www.gracetoday.com

DevotedHeart
Award Member
DevotedHeart
Award Member

April 14th, 2007, 2:22 am #2

Good tips! :brill:

April 14th, 2007, 6:21 am #3

All problem areas I had!

Ariella
Heaven Bound
Heaven Bound
Ariella
Heaven Bound
Heaven Bound

April 16th, 2007, 5:49 am #4

wow now isn't that a good tip- to set down utensils as we eat instead of feeling the need to never take a pause between bite fulls! i do wonder how someone is meant to know they are 8/10's full though

April 16th, 2007, 7:30 am #5

I can simplify that statement. That is how I am eating now--not to full--but to satisfaction. When I ate to full, it was often almost an uncomfortable feeling. 8/10 full is satisfaction. I call it Inspired Eating.

Ariella
Heaven Bound
Heaven Bound
Ariella
Heaven Bound
Heaven Bound

April 17th, 2007, 4:05 am #6

thanks for more clarification on that ........... hmm the other sounds like it was past full and towards bursting --- it is great you are learning to where you call inspired eating :)