J.I.L.
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member
J.I.L.
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member

April 26th, 2007, 2:36 pm #1

Dear :home:
I need some help please. :) I have been having trouble sleeping and a friend of mine sent me an article stating that artificial sweetners can cause headaches and disturbed sleep. Not to mention a host of other things! I turned to artificial sweetner for less calories, but now I think I need to try and see how I feel without using sweetner my question is what can I use? What is the best alternative health wise Iam thinking honey right? I just dont want extra calories is all but more importantly if the sweetner is no good for my body I dont want it. Does anyone have any thoughts or advise I would really appreciate it thanks so much!

Yours,
in sleep deprivation,LOL seriously not for long :amen:

April 26th, 2007, 3:00 pm #2

Aspartame, can trigger migraines in some people. Be cautious of foods and beverages made with this artificial sweetener (also known as Nutrasweet and Equal). Try cutting out sweeteners for a few weeks from your diet and see if there is a difference. Honey is a better, natural choice. One T contains about 65 calories. You will find you can use less than granulated sugar. If you are only using small amounts to sweeten cereals or drinks on occasion, the calories will not be significant.
Pro 24:13 My son, eat thou honey, because it is good; and the honeycomb, which is sweet to thy taste.

J.I.L.
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member
J.I.L.
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member

April 26th, 2007, 3:25 pm #3

guess I didnt pay close enough attention to the fact that Splenda has sucralose and other chemicals in it and has to go through major manufacturing process. My bad! always thought that it was natural. I have used other sweetners too. I'm going to try the honey like you suggested glad that the calories wont be a big deal 65 cal isnt to bad twice a day with tea, I can work that off doing my daily housework :) Iam trying to cut out caffeine too.. I drink two big mugs per day. have to get used to the different taste with honey but I'll feel good using something healthier.. :th: again Editor! :)

April 26th, 2007, 3:30 pm #4

And that is for a Tablespoon. I don't think you will need that much. I also think that not only headaches cause poor sleeping, but that you are on to something that quite well needs to be eliminated from your healthy-to-be body. We have never used any artificial sweeteners so I can't give any experiences. I only buy one bag of sugar a year, and that is to fill the hummingbird feeder. :laugh:

J.I.L.
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member
J.I.L.
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member

April 26th, 2007, 3:56 pm #5

For a tablespoon :cooly: LOL@sugar for humminbirds, they are so cute. :) Would love to attract them to my yard I know the kids would get a total hoot out of it, would be neat to get a pic too but they flap their wings so fast lol.
:god:

Roseheart
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member
Roseheart
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member

April 26th, 2007, 9:31 pm #6

Hi Connie!

I use Stevia and more recently Xylitol. These are natural sweetners and not chemicals. The only thing is just use in moderation as too much can loosen bowels. I highly recommend Don Colbert's 7 Pillars of Health. It's an excellent book and it lists all the side effects of MSG, Splenda as well as good, sound, nutritional advice. Dr. Colbert is not just a nutritionist. He is a spirit-filled medical doctor with an amazing testimony! If you want further information, I can PM you with it!

J.I.L.
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member
J.I.L.
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member

April 26th, 2007, 11:54 pm #7

Denise
Thanks alot for the heads up on the book I did a search and found some more info on him and some of his books. I see that he bases his plan toward health on the Word :bible: then . I would be very interested in seeing what he has to say. Have you read his book What Would Jesus eat? Was thinking of getting that one too.

Roseheart
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member
Roseheart
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member

April 27th, 2007, 10:35 am #8

Hi Connie!

I haven't read that one however I do have the cookbook. I've read Deadly Emotions (excellent! excellent!), Stress Less, I dont' recall the other title officially but I think it was Walking in Divine Health and now 7 Pillars. I have seen the him on KCM and Joyce and really appreciate what he has to say. He's very motivating to eat healthy too. You'd be surprised to read his testimony. It's absolutely amazing what God did!

Did you see these effects that some people have had with Splenda (from his book)

bloating, abdominal pain, gas, nausea, blurry vision, diarrhea, headaches (especially migraines), heart palpitations (fluttering, irregular heartbeat) shortness of breath, frequence to urinate at night, depression or ove- whelming anxiety, spaced out or drugged sensation, joint pain, dizziness.

Reactions to MSG
stomach cramsp, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, migraine headaches, heart palpitations, rapid heartbeat, extreme rise or drop in blood pressure, shortness of breath, pain or tightness in the chest, facial swelling, numbness/burning in and around the mouth, frequent urination, depression, anxiety/panic attacks, light-headedness/loss of balance/dizziness, joint pain/stiffness, flu-like achiness and blurry vision.

He says that MSG is one of the most-well disguised food additives on the market. It's amazing what food items its in. One would probably never guess.

Anyhow, I can't say enough about the book(s) of his that I have read. Well done and very informative that one can easily understand!