sugar in food

sunnyday
Sold Out To God
sunnyday
Sold Out To God

July 20th, 2007, 8:41 pm #1

Most diets books recommend that the amount of fat in food per 100 grams should be around 3 or 4.

Does anyone know how much sugar per 100 grams is recommended?

July 20th, 2007, 8:57 pm #2

I don't have the answer, Sunny. You'll have to surf. But I was just re-reading an article I posted and it said this: "The typical American gets 16% of his or her calories from added sugars."
Clearly an overdose!

sunnyday
Sold Out To God
sunnyday
Sold Out To God

July 20th, 2007, 10:12 pm #3

:th: I have just been reading up on it on the net.
For anyone else who may be interested, if you type in 'how much sugar per day'
there is lots of information there.

Its amazing just how much sugar we eat without thinking about it.
We cut down in the amount of fat we eat, but don’t realise how much sugar there is in the food.

Makes one wonder just how healthy or :hc: really are.

:bless:

sunny

Saved by Grace
God's Grace Special Angel
Saved by Grace

July 20th, 2007, 11:28 pm #4

Hi Sunnyday;

I saw your post and had to chime in my thoughts. I did a search too, and found this one page of info I thought was really pretty good.

http://www.healthyeatingclub.com/info/a ... /sugar.htm

Sugar is an important topic to me. I consider it a chemical as for me it carries more than just the diabetic problem. If I have too much, I get hot flashes, depressed, want to eat much more than usual etc. I put sugar in the same bracket, as smoking, illegal drugs, as it is addictive and a life destroyer. My Dad's death I truly believe was due more to the diabetes he had than any other factor, considering his cancer and all. He had type two starting from around his mid-late forties on. I do believe he didn't take it as seriously as he should have thus allowing for the disease to do more damage. Plus at that time they I don't think Dr's were recognizing "Metabolic Syndrome", which is a catch all title for some of the problems with diabetes that can lead to causing health threatening problems quicker. My Dr's as I go to a clinic and change off to another one now and then, are treating this in a preventive way to help sustain a better and longer life plus hopefully curtail the bad effects of diabetes.

But getting back to the main subject, the article, very long one, has their info on what you were wondering, plus a great thorough insight into "sugar". And I really agree with most all they are saying.

I think it is great information to help you, I or anyone seeking knowledge on "food" and what part each plays in our over all daily diet and health.

Ah, did I mention I am "death" on sugar? LOL

Hugs gal..

July 21st, 2007, 7:04 am #5

Thank you so much for your research, Huggy. I don't have time to read the article, but I have been outspoken on sugar for many years. It is not really a necessary food group, is it? The Bible says this: Pro 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Years ago I recall a discussion with a member here from Britain telling her how much sugar Americans have in processed food. As an example I went to the freezer and took out a bag of vegetables. In it was sugar! She looked at hers and found no sugar.

sunnyday
Sold Out To God
sunnyday
Sold Out To God

July 21st, 2007, 9:03 am #6

Huggy. :hug:

Thank you for the information you sent. :brill:
This ‘eating healthy’ just seems to be so much hard work. :cry:
There is so much more in our food than we know about and
the food labels can be so confusing.
Having said that, I do not need a food analyst to tell me
I eat way to much fat and sugar in my diet.
I just need to tell myself more often! Maybe this will remind me :bonk:
I guess if I cut out none essential foods it would be a good start.

Saved by Grace
Saved by Grace

July 21st, 2007, 10:19 pm #7

I think the safest way to eat is as close to natural as possible, fresh produce, meats etc. When you start intaking more of man made or altered food, that seems to be where we loose the "safeness" of eating so much more easily.

Hun, just take one step at a time. Become partners with God and seek His leading. I know he will more than thrilled to show you His way for you. He has no problem personalizing everything for a person's down to the last detail.

Like Cinderella, we need that class slipper that fits us.

July 28th, 2007, 5:09 am #8

Sunny, thinking of you on your path to health.

http://www.activated.org

Daily Praise: July 28, 2007

You are sweeter than honey to my soul's taste. I desire and hunger for You to fill every crevice in my heart. You know me better than my closest friends do.

Your love is like the ocean waves. I feel Your love washing over me, bubbling around me, sparkling and whirling, changing and moving in new ways, just as the waves splash up against the rocks, washing and lapping. Lost in Your love is where I want to be found, for only there will I find that You're all that I need.