Steak In Slow Cooker

Deleted User
Deleted User

May 6th, 2008, 9:37 pm #1

I've been using our slow-cooker more lately, and Fayrda just bought a new larger one from DG. Here's what I did today:

In the crock pot, I placed 2 onions, coarsely chopped; 3 stalks of celery, sliced; one green pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped; 1 stick butter cut into slices; about 1 cup baby carrots; 4 small sweet potatoes, whole with their skins on; 2 cups water; garlic powder (not sure how much - several shakes from the container); red pepper flakes (same amount as the garlic); cayenne pepper (same as the garlic) and some McCormick Chicago Steak seasoning (same as the garlic). In a saute pan I browned 4 small (4 ounce) sirloin steaks in some olive oil and put them on the top of the slow cooker over all the other ingredients. I added some water to the pan to get up the drippings and put that in the slow cooker as well. I closed the lid and set it on high. It was done in about 5 hours and I stirred through it a few times.

Happy cooking! :)

May 7th, 2008, 8:22 am #2

You will be spoiled rotten from delicious CrockPot recipes. I like the no stirring and never burning. Other than fish and the occasional hamburger patties, I use the crockpot for all our meals.

Confirmation of reply: