chili powder, about 3-4 shakes from jar;
cayenne pepper, about 3-4 shakes from jar;
red pepper flakes, about 3-4 shakes from jar;
ground nutmet, about 2-3 shakes from jar;
soy sauce, about 1 tlb;
hot sauce, about 1 tlb;
Worchester sauce, about 1 tlb;
1 can beef broth

Stir all ingredients in slow cooker well.

In sauté pan on high heat, quickly brown 4 small (about 4-ounce) sirloin steaks in olive oil on both sides. Put steaks into slow cooker, deglaze pan with about 1 cup hot water (make sure to scrape up all drippings from the steaks) and put this into slow cooker.

Set slow cooker on high, cover and cook for about 6 hours, stirring through occasionally.

Have you noticed we like things spicy? :lol: You can make this mild or wild, and vary all ingredients to your taste and what you have on hand.

I plan to cook some whole wheat pasta and serve the steaks, veggies and sauce with that for dinner today.

Enjoy! :)

EDIT: The meal was a little too thin and watery, so about an hour before serving I turned the slow-cooker down to low and added two packages dry brown gravy mix. Also decided to serve it with instant mashed potatoes. It was a hit! :)

monkey143
Trustee
Trustee

May 18th, 2008, 4:29 pm #2

Wow, Dave. Sounds delish! I would reduce the butter for my own taste - do you think that would alter it much? It sounds like a Thai dish with the addition of a squirt of lime juice. I know, I know. I should just leave a good thing alone! :lol: It really does sound yummy. Thanks, Dave! :)

Deleted User
Deleted User

May 18th, 2008, 5:28 pm #3

Hi, Betsy. I like your new picture!

I don't think there is much you can do to ruin a slow-cooked dish. As long as there is enough liquid, it will be fine. I've been reading about Thai food and that's what inspired this dish.

Take it, make it your own, and enjoy! :)

Confirmation of reply: