Silly question

sunnyday
Sold Out To God
sunnyday
Sold Out To God

July 15th, 2007, 4:27 pm #1

:iam:

This might seem a silly question but I am going to ask it anyway.

I know the Lord is dealing with me and my bad eating habits.
I know I must concentrate more on giving God the glory in all areas of my life.
I cannot separate one part of my life from another.
He must be Lord of ‘all’ or not at all.

My question is this, and I hope I can put into words what I am trying to say.

Do I put all my efforts into seeking God in this matter only, until I feel I can move on, or is that being selfish?
How much time should I give to this eating thing each day?

To me, at the moment, it is not so much ‘losing the weight’ that matters, it is bring glory to God through good eating habits.

Editor, I would really appreciate your views on this.

If I am not making myself clear please ask questions.

Deleted User
Deleted User

July 15th, 2007, 8:09 pm #2

I think that has to be done through prayer and follow the Lord where He where wants to take you and guide you.

July 15th, 2007, 8:13 pm #3

(MSG) Psa 31:6 I hate all this silly religion, but you, GOD, I trust.

Trust God to lead you in what is of importance in your life. Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

We get so hung up on body size. I see it all the time where we don't advance in spiritual matters, or perhaps others do not let us because we are looking with eyes, not heart. Our dedication should be to not what we think or see or feel or witness, but to what the Hoy Spirit is gently and repetitiously saying to us which we keep on trying to quench Him in pursuit of other matters. WWJD? What is He really dealing with you about? I'll bet it is not your eating habits---that will improve on its own when you discover what Jesus is really saying. :jesus:

sunnyday
Sold Out To God
sunnyday
Sold Out To God

July 15th, 2007, 9:18 pm #4

Thank you for the advice.
I know I can and must trust the Lord for His plans to be worked out in my life.

July 16th, 2007, 4:47 am #5

Sunny, I know the Lord is moving upon you greatly. You will come out of the valley to go upon the mountaintops with Him. Then back to the valley for learning and experiences, only to rise again. It is life's cycle that if we are to be yielded and surrendered to Him, then we must follow Him where He leads. Big hug to you for your willingness to have your walk ordered by the Lord in all things so that He might receive the glory.

monkey143
Trustee
Trustee

July 16th, 2007, 6:40 pm #6

Hi, Sunny! No question is a silly one. So many of us here have made food our idol, and that is our sin. You are putting God ahead of food, and that can only be the right decision. Please let us know what you find out, when you hear from God.