See What You Eat!

April 5th, 2007, 6:27 am #1

See what you eat. Put your food on a plate instead of eating out of the jar, container, or bag. You'll be amazed at how much larger a serving looks on a plate. Reading diet journals for others, I often see, "a handful of," "a taste or sample of," or "about a dozen or so." Sounds harmless enough, but "guessimating" is not the same as reality. When food is spread out on your plate, you will see that it is a serving, and not a bite or two. If you train yourself to eat in portion sizes of approximately 4 ounces, you will know exactly what you have eaten and you will find the right formula for less is more {satisfying}. On that note, never eat watching TV, or reading a book. Mindless eating was more than likely a major culprit in packing on the pounds. Sit at a dining space, and see what you eat!

Have a blessed day!

www.gracetoday.com

Deleted User
Deleted User

April 5th, 2007, 6:35 am #2

the computer is the worse place for a snack attack!

April 5th, 2007, 7:03 am #3

You are kidding me! My hands are busy on the keyboard. My eyes are on the screen. My thoughts are on what I am communicating.

Hands cannot grab food. Eyes cannot see food. Mind cannot think of food. :laugh:

What you said is a perfect example of mindless eating. :)

Ariella
Heaven Bound
Heaven Bound
Ariella
Heaven Bound
Heaven Bound

April 5th, 2007, 11:50 am #4

good reminders - i know my guestimates are always way off what reality is

April 5th, 2007, 11:58 am #5

When I counted calories, my glassware and utensils were a measuring cup and measuring spoons. LOL But that is why I succeeded. This time I am not doing that, but I am spreading food out on a plate (instead of piling it) and it looks like so much more, and tricks my brain into satisfaction mode. This round it is all about portion size and no second helping or snacks. I determined what my weakest points were.

Ariella
Heaven Bound
Heaven Bound
Ariella
Heaven Bound
Heaven Bound

April 5th, 2007, 12:21 pm #6

thats a good idea spreading - and probably helps mind wise as well; when you pile it up a small amount looks so little i think it adds to the tempation to have more