Meat Loaf Base Ingredients:

1 Onion, peeled and chopped
1 Green Pepper, peeled and chopped
Fresh Garlic, peeled and sliced – as many cloves as you like
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Red Pepper flakes to taste
About 2 tablespoons olive oil
2 pounds Ground Meat of your choice – turkey, beef, pork, veal or any combination
About ¾ cup Bread Crumbs
2 eggs
Worcestershire sauce to taste
Jarred pasta sauce – about ¼ cup
Dried Basil to taste
Dried Oregano to taste

Topping Ingredients:

Jarred pasta sauce – about ½ cup
About 8 ounces of your favorite shredded or sliced cheese – American, Mozzarella, Provolone, Cheddar, etc.
Pepperoni Slices
Olive Oil
Dried Oregano

Preparation:

Saute onions, green pepper, garlic, salt, peeper and red pepper flakes in olive oil in large skillet until soft and lightly browned. Let cool about 15 minutes
Place all base ingredients in large mixing bowl and mix until well combined. On a large baking pan, form the meat mixture into a round 1 inch thick "pizza" making the outside edges a little thicker.
Pour sauce on top of base and spread to within 1 inch from edge. Top with cheese and sliced pepperoni. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with dried oregano.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes or until done. Let stand about 10 minutes on top of stove before slicing and serving.

Serving Suggestions:

Serve with any cooked pasta with butter and parmesan cheese.

For a low-carb meal, serve the Pizza Meat Loaf with cooked vegetables.

I developed and made this today and my family loved it. Here is a picture of how mine turned out:

December 18th, 2010, 10:29 am #2

Oh, to die for. It looks so good, but my oven does not work. One of many of my New Year goals is to get my appliances working again, but I think this is super.

Confirmation of reply: