Our Daisy

Deleted User
Deleted User

July 13th, 2011, 5:22 pm #1

Please keep our Daisy in your prayers. She is extremely ill and in the vet's ICU. The bump on her eye was a grub. There are species of flies that lay eggs in living mammals and that appears to be what happened. They surgically removed that, but they strongly suspect Daisy also has the bacterial infection that dogs can get from rodent urine which in almost everyone's back yard. That infection is not related to the grub.

To be honest, the prognosis is not good. They are keeping Daisy for 24-48 hours and she is on IV fluids and medication. Only time will tell.

All this is very overwhelming, but we are looking for God's perfect will in this situation and trusting that He will make a way.

:th: :grace:

Cindy marie
Heaven Bound
Heaven Bound
Cindy marie
Heaven Bound
Heaven Bound

July 13th, 2011, 6:46 pm #2

We have dealt with grubs on cats in the past. Not pleasant. I have never heard about the infection from rodent urine. Very scary. We have many rodents here in the woods and I am sure Foo is exposed to their urine. Marty and I are both praying for Daisy.

Banned account
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member
Banned account
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member

July 13th, 2011, 6:47 pm #3

Dave, I am so sorry. I will be praying. I know it hurts to see our fur babies suffer. Keep us posted. Going now to pray

DevotedHeart:)
Heaven Bound
Heaven Bound

July 14th, 2011, 12:15 am #4

Praying, Dave! She must be scared being away from you all!

July 14th, 2011, 8:14 am #5

Dear Lord, we frequently ask for health for our pets. We are their caregivers and now Daisy is turned over to a Vet's care. Lord, in Your mercy, remember this little girl and grant that she may be healed through the care and medicines of Dave's Vet. She is scared and weak and we pray that You will extend her life and make her well again. Heal, the the Name of our Healer, Christ Jesus. Amen

Deleted User
Deleted User

July 14th, 2011, 11:55 am #6

Fayrda just got off the phone with the vet. Daisy is about the same (no worse) and will stay at the vet's at least one more day. We are going to visit her this afternoon.

Thank you all so much for your prayers.

:th: :grace:

DevotedHeart:)
Heaven Bound
Heaven Bound

July 14th, 2011, 3:06 pm #7

Give her a scratch behind the ears for us!!! If she likes that!!

Deleted User
Deleted User

July 14th, 2011, 10:01 pm #8

Fayrda, Russell and I went to see Daisy this afternoon. She is very depressed which is one of the symptoms of this disease. It is called Leptospirosis and you can read about it in that linked article. The vet is concerned because Daisy seems even more yellow than yesterday. That is caused by the liver and kindneys not functioning properly.

Daisy did recognize us and perk up when she realized who was visiting her. Her ears went up, her eyes opened and she sat up. Fayrda donned a mask gown and gloves and held our fur baby for a few minutes while Russell and I put on gloves and pet her.

It is still too early to tell what the ultimate outcome will be. Our vet is wonderful and hopes to see an improvement by tomorrow afternoon. This is costing some money, but if Daisy pulls through it will be worth it all.

Please keep praying. :th: :grace:

Banned account
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member
Banned account
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member

July 15th, 2011, 4:42 am #9

Am continuing to pray Dave

July 15th, 2011, 9:11 am #10

I remember visiting Moses at the Vet's and he was so bad he had no reaction to me. He wagged his tail at Dick though and I knew that meant he was on the mend. God bless Daisy!