Delete
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Delete
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

6:13 PM - Mar 11, 2008 #11

To God be the glory! What is the status of your third dog?

6:22 PM - Mar 11, 2008 #12

Einstein is doing good. Last year he had an Urinary Tract Infection 7 times and would bend him over where he couldn't even walk. Two weeks of antibiotics would knock it out but it would reoccur again. We finally put him on cranberry pills after reading this holistic approach works for some animals. That cured him and he has been fine! That was also Divine intervention.

The Vet bills are always in our face, but Dick and I are healthy. So we can't have it all. :)

rosie
Award Member
rosie
Award Member

7:51 AM - Mar 12, 2008 #13

candy so glad to hear u dogs improving i know what it like when they are sick
but u are doing u best and giving them lotsof love
ben is good but getting old now he is 15 and has pains in joints
but he is doing well
love u sis
love rosie :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

8:42 AM - Mar 12, 2008 #14

Rosie, I have two of my dogs on Glucosomine. The Vet says it really helps for joint arthritis. It can be purchased in a drug store without a prescription. I stick a tablet a day in a piece of hot dog for them. It is just a supplement. Although I can't see benefits, my Vet said I would see a big difference if they were not on it. Ben is up there in age. I am so happy he is living a long full life.

My doggies are good today and I rejoice in another day spent with my pals.

7:38 AM - Mar 16, 2008 #15

Missing the moments Moses and I always spent together in the early hours of the A.M. when only he and I were up in the household bonding together. He is sleeping in and I don't awake him for his medicine and breakfast until he is ready.

Dick is not handling this well and I want to be more sensitive to him. It is a struggle, but God sees fit that we function as a unit and I appreciate the time God has given me and not a sudden death.

Banned account
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member
Banned account
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member

2:14 AM - Mar 17, 2008 #16

Candy, I know you miss your bonding with Moses, but at least he seems to be in less pain. I know I would miss that too with my fur babies. Still keeping you and fur babies in my prayers. I will be praying for Dick also. :hug:

11:14 AM - Mar 17, 2008 #17

Thank You so very much, Barbara.

Just now I saw Moses, lay on the blankets we have for him on the floor, and roll back and forth on his back like a contented dog does srcatching his back with pleasure.. He is so precious and this reminded me that he is well enough to do this. I must stay focused on the life of simple pleasures a doggie displays.

Banned account
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member
Banned account
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member

2:16 PM - Mar 18, 2008 #18

My Candy likes to roll around on her back also like she is scratching it. She makes these little noises in her throat. It is really cute. In times like these, it is such precious things they do that will be precious memories.

I remember my precious Charity I had. She was a german shepherd mutt. She loved ice cubes no matter what time of year. Even if we were just going to the refrigerator, she would run over to get an ice cube. She never made a mess with it. That is such a precious memory for me.

2:46 PM - Mar 18, 2008 #19

Charity is such a beautiful name for a pet. First I have ever heard it and I am mindful of how special she must have been

Moses' appetite is great. Of all our dogs he has always been the chow hound. He gets extra food twice a day because the medicine needs to be taken with a meal. He duly notes that something special in his bowl.

7:08 AM - Mar 19, 2008 #20

I had not told Dick that I had added Blackstrap Molasses to Moses' diet. We were almost out so I had to tell him and ask that he look for it on his travels. He thought it was a good idea and was glad I was trying it. A sigh of relief and he found a jar of it yesterday.