If Your Pet Needs Prayer

January 4th, 2005, 5:00 pm #1

Add a request if you have one here.

Prayer for the Animals by Albert Schweitzer

Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends, the animals.
Especially for animals who are suffering; for any that are
hunted or lost or deserted or frightened or hungry;
for all that must be put to death.
We entreat for them all Thy mercy and pity,
and for those who deal with them, we ask a
a heart of compassion and gentle hands and kindly words.
Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals,
and so to share the blessings of the merciful.

Deleted User
Deleted User

January 4th, 2005, 5:22 pm #2

Dear Editor, thank you for setting up this new forum. Pets are part of our family and I believe God gave them to us to further enrich our lives.

Our oldest cat, Cookie, was very ill but is recovering. Still, there are times we worry about her. She has what we call "blond moments" where she just sits staring into space for 30 minutes or so at a time. She still sleeps alot, but is starting to get more alert, and is even starting to watch the fish tank and bat at the fish. That is really fun to watch. :)

January 4th, 2005, 5:31 pm #3

Dear Lord, we thank You for Cookie and the joy she has given us. We ask You to keep her healthy and active. We ask Your blessing upon her so we might enjoy her for many years to come. Heal this precious cat in Jesus name, and we will thank You. We will know You go beyond life expectancy. We will know that You have even a plan for Cookie's life. Thank You Lord for giving us the privilege of prayer for all creation. Bless Dave's sweet kitty today, in Jesus' name. Amen

lin1235
Award Member
lin1235
Award Member

January 10th, 2005, 10:13 am #4

Will you please pray that my two cats repair their relationship and become friends? They seem to like each other less and less as time goes by. It's been a month now, and they still seem about to attack whenever they get close enough. I really want them to be close! Stewels is jealous and Minka tortures her - hides behind the door and then jumps on top of her while she's sleeping etc. She means well I think but still.

January 10th, 2005, 10:23 am #5

Lord God, it is such a privilege and responsibilty to keep more than one pet. We bring our two cats before You, Stewels and Minka, and we pray that the bonding period may begin. We pray that these animals will learn to live in peace, and that there will be no jealousy between them. We love them both equally and we pray for a solution as to how Linda and Hanno can train and enforce good behavior between them. We are to live peacably with all men if possible according to Your Word, so we pray the very same things for these pets, through Jesus Christ. Amen

lin1235
Award Member
lin1235
Award Member

January 11th, 2005, 9:08 am #6

Well small progress at least. They're still very much in war mode, but today I'm excited in that Stewels came looking for my attention this morning for the first time since we've had Minka! She's been very angry at both Hanno and me ever since we got Minka, obviously jealous and thinking that she's not as important to us as she used to be.

In the past (when it was only her) she used to wait outside our bedroom door for us to wake up every morning. Then when Hanno got up to make coffee, she'd come in and lie on the bed with me. It used to be really special. Now since Minka's joined the family, she's never done that. She doesn't want to be touched either; if we pick her up she immediately starts struggling to be let go. But this morning when I was getting dressed she came into the room and rubbed herself against my legs, looking for attention. She let me pick her up and hold her for a bit. I'm so happy about that! It looks like she's starting to assert herself again - she's standing up for herself against Minka at least.

I'll continue to report any progress. :cat:

January 11th, 2005, 9:39 am #7

I believe in the power of prayer for all of God's creation. Thanks for the update.

Deleted User
Deleted User

January 6th, 2007, 9:03 pm #8

I have a prayer request for our dear Dalmation, Maxx.

Maxx is now 12 years old and showing the signs of his age. We had him to the vet a few weeks ago for his annual checkup, and she confirmed our suspicions that he has a tumor near his anus. It is most likely cancerous, but there is no real point for any diagnostics or treatment at this point. Maxx is having trouble getting up from a sitting or laying position, and can no longer control himself as far as doing his business. Not a day goes by that we find a present from Maxx somewhere in the house. We have decided that he must be confined to the utility room now to contain his mistakes. We put him outside, but he will come back in after being out for 20 minutes and do his business in the house.

It is obvious the end is near and the Lord will be calling our Maxx to pet heaven soon. We just need wisdom to know exactly when and if we should have him put down, or just wait for the Lord to take him which would be best. He has been a faithful friend and we want him to end his time with us in comfort and happiness.

January 7th, 2007, 7:47 am #9

Lord, we bring Maxx before You and we ask for your mercy. He has been a faithful and loyal companion to his family. We ask that You remember the love and obedience he displayed. We would ask for Dave's family, the wisdom and guidance they desire as they now mentally prepare for his return to You. May Maxx be kept comfortable and treated with dignity, and may the family be wise enough to trust you in any decision making that needs to be done at some point. Creator God, You giveth and You taketh away. Help us to see Your will, through Your Son we pray, Amen

Banned account
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member
Banned account
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member

January 7th, 2007, 11:38 am #10

Agreeing in prayer with Candy. I know it is hard. :ghug: