How do You Modify Your Wardrobe as you Lose Weight

Delete
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Delete
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

February 22nd, 2007, 5:33 pm #1

Today, I am wearing a suit that I really like. However, it is becoming baggy because of lost body inches. I have more clothing like that. I am on a tight financial budget, and cannot afford a whole new wardrobe. Any suggestions? (As you know my weight loss is very gradual so I will not immediately need a lot of new clothing.)

:fel:

February 22nd, 2007, 5:38 pm #2

Great question. I hope our members our creative helps. The only thing I did was to be fortunate enough for my daughter and my friend to give me clothes. Also, everything I buy is from a thrift store, so replacement and variety is not a problem. Accomodating my weight is going to be the same this time, except that a local Helping Hands shop has opened and they have a bag of clothes you pick out for only $6.00. I can get about 10 in a bag!

Delete
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Delete
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

February 22nd, 2007, 5:42 pm #3

:rolleyes: Thank you. I am in the process of locating some local thrift stores.
Also, in the past I have also been fortunate enough to receive used clothing from my sister and a friend.

Deleted User
Deleted User

February 22nd, 2007, 5:45 pm #4

I think the thrift store is the best way to go. We have shopped at The Salvation Army, Goodwill and Amvets stores before. WalMart also has some very reasonably-priced items. Save your pennies for a new wardrobe to treat yourself when you get to goal weight. :)

February 22nd, 2007, 5:46 pm #5

That wasn't too helpful because I know you probably like your work outfits. What I made sure I did was to donate and give away what was no longer wearable, so God good bless my receives.

Delete
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Delete
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

February 22nd, 2007, 6:05 pm #6

:rolleyes: Thank you. This is very helpful! My sister and I went on a retreat at Sandy Cove last summer, and went shopping at a great Wal-Mart in the area. I found some winter wear there that I am wearing this winter as part of my office wear. Dave, I will save my pennies so that I may purchase clothing when I get to goal weight! I will in turn give away my favorite suit that I am wearing now!

February 22nd, 2007, 6:21 pm #7

Dave, we were posting at the same time, and when I put that wasn't too helpful, I was refering to my post about thrift clothes. :laugh: Your post got there first and it looks like was was replying to your nifty tip.
Yeah, keep the channels flowing, Ironia!

monkey143
Trustee
Trustee

February 22nd, 2007, 11:44 pm #8

CE, I'm coming shopping with you! :) Unfortunately, Ironia, I have only gone up in size. I don't know what to do about coming down. :lol: But I am like CE - all is thrift shop stuff. C'mon and we'll shop! :)

Ann
Award Member
Ann
Award Member

February 23rd, 2007, 12:08 am #9

Do you sew? If so, you may be able to alter them to fit. Maybe you would want to take some of your nicer things to a professional and see how much they would charge to alter them. I know our local fabric shop has someone who does alterations. I have no idea how much it costs, though. Just an idea.

Delete
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Delete
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

February 23rd, 2007, 1:21 am #10

Thank you for Your responses! Yes, Betsy -- let's hit some thrift stores! I'm still remembering a red coat that I passed up while shopping at one. It was only $10. The coat was so pretty!

Ann, I don't sew -- and I think that alterating my clothes would be too expensive.

When I was attending Weight Watchers, the instructor stated to get rid of all of the clothing that were too large for you so that you would not be tempted to regain the weight.

But right now :hm: I don't have a big weight loss problem! Just some thoughts about the future. :rolleyes: