On Easter Sunday, my sister-in-law shared with us a delicious dessert, Angel Food cake, strawberries and whipped cream. This is not her recipe. I found it on AllRecipe. I plan to make this dessert often.
Heavenly Angel Food Cake
* Prep Time: 30 min.
* Cook Time: 40 min.
* Serves: 12
Recipe Provided By: SPLENDA® BRAND
1. 1 1/2 cups egg whites
2. 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
3. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4. 1/4 cup SPLENDA(R) Sugar Blend for Baking
5. 1/2 cup light corn syrup
6. 1 cup sifted cake flour
7. 1/4 cup cornstarch
8. 3/4 cup SPLENDA(R) Sugar Blend for Baking
* Calories: 189 kcal
* Carbohydrates: 38 g
* Dietary Fiber: 0 g
* Fat: 0 g
* Protein: 4 g
* Sugars: 23 g
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place egg whites in a large mixing bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add cream of tartar and vanilla extract. Beat at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/4 cup SPLENDA(R) Sugar Blend for Baking and light corn syrup.
3. Sift flour and cornstarch 2 times into another large mixing bowl. Add 3/4 cup SPLENDA(R) Sugar Blend for Baking to flour mixture, stirring until blended.
4. Sprinkle 1/4 of the flour mixture over the egg whites. Fold gently. Repeat procedure three times with the remaining flour mixture.
5. Pour batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan, spreading batter evenly in pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air bubbles.
6. Bake on lowest rack in oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
7. Invert tube pan; cool cake in the pan for 30 to 40 minutes.
8. Loosen cake from sides of pan using a narrow metal spatula; remove cake from pan.
Yield: 12 servings
Copyright © 2009 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.