Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich

August 2nd, 2010, 10:03 am #1

Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich By: Chasity
"This is peanut butter and jelly with a twist. The kids will thank you for them." Rate/Review

Prep Time:
5 MinCook Time:
8 MinReady In:
13 Min

Original Recipe Yield 1 sandwich
Ingredients
2 teaspoons butter
2 slices white bread
1 teaspoon peanut butter
2 teaspoons any flavor fruit jelly
Directions
1.Heat griddle or skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Spread peanut butter on unbuttered side of one slice of bread, and jelly on the other. Place one slice, buttered side down on the griddle. Top with other slice, so that peanut butter and jelly are in the middle. Cook for 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown, and heated through.
Nutritional Information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 273 | Total Fat: 12.5g | Cholesterol: 22mg

angelic
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
angelic
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

August 2nd, 2010, 12:09 pm #2

I love grilled peanut butter sandwiches...but never thought about putting 'jelly' on it. I usually have the lower fat peanut butter, and if I used a 'sugar free' jelly, that should bring the calorie and fat count down and I usually have a 5 or 7 grain bread, that would also change the carb count, I think. Hm-m-m-m-m, will have to check into this.....

DevotedHeart:)
Heaven Bound
Heaven Bound

August 7th, 2010, 5:18 pm #3

I've never like peanut butter and jelly, but grilled peanut butter sandwiches sound good!! My dad always had peanut butter and banana sandwiches when I was growing up and I couldn't stand the smell. It was only after I left home that I was able to eat peanut butter!! As a result, my kids don't like PB&J because I never made it for them. We made zebra bites when the kids were little.

To make zebra bites you need 3 slices of bread and apple butter. Take a slice of bread and spread apple butter on it. Top with another slice of bread and spread apple butter on it. And then top with the third slice of bread. Cut into quarters. Voila! Zebra bites!!

Confirmation of reply: