Fresh Vegetables

Delete
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Delete
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

March 11th, 2008, 12:31 pm #1

Last Saturday, my friends and I visited the Burtonsville Armish Market.

So exciting to me!

I purchased fresh beets, spinach, egg plant, tomatoes, cumcumbers and romaine lettuce.

I cooked the beets and its greens separately. So delicious! The spinach was good and sweet. I also had asparagus which I had purchased from a local store. My mother stated that as a child I did not like these vegetables.

Last night in class, a fellow student shared with the class cartons of sweet potatoes. What a blessing! This week I will cook the sweet potatoes and egg plant. How do you cook the egg plant?

:any:

Thank you.

J.I.L.
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member
J.I.L.
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member

March 12th, 2008, 10:46 am #2

Ironia I was a bad kid and bad adult lol I dont eat as many veggies as I should...I dont think I have ever had eggplant before what does it taste like? I DO love romaine lettuce, tomatos and cucumbers tho! I like fresh spinach in a salad to for the iron. :broc: :veg:
:hug:

March 12th, 2008, 4:08 pm #3

Ironia, I have had wonderful eggplant dishes, but have never cooked it myself.

All those veggies, out of season, soundy doubly wonderful.

Delete
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Delete
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

March 12th, 2008, 10:05 pm #4

:) Thank you editor and Connie for your responses. Connie -- at least you are getting your veggies in through salads. Yes, I do like romaine lettuce, cucumber and tomato. I cannot describe the taste of eggplant because it is usually included with other veggie per dish.

Confirmation of reply: