Food For Your Brain 7

November 5th, 2007, 10:28 am #1

To meet your recommended caloric intake, it is important to pay attention to portion size. Measure your food. I know I had to have spoons and cups handy. You should make them part of your table settings! For instance, a serving of meat is 3 ounces before cooking. I didn't understand that. I thought it was after being cooked. Moderately speaking a 3 oz. portion looks like a deck of cards. Thin and not wide. When we refuse to measure, (we all don't have scales) we can use a measuring cup for a four ounce serving of vegetables, or a one tsp.or Tablespoon of margarine or sour cream. It all adds up at the end of a day. If our eyes are as big as our stomachs we are not counting calories according to serving standards. Most people daily underestimate their consumption and that is because they don't know what a serving size is like because of restaurant servings and familiarity. Measure up to be sure! Prayer: Lord God, yes, I have failed to see what "our daily bread" should look like. I choose a portion and don't realize it is larger than need be. Help me to realize what a serving is and to be content with that. Amen

http://www.gracetoday.com

Deleted User
Deleted User

November 5th, 2007, 5:25 pm #2

Thankyou Bud !