Food For Your Brain 14

May 28th, 2008, 11:36 am #1

www.gracetoday.com

Do you have "scale-phobia?" If you have anorexia or bulimia, you don't want the bad news, even when it looks good. Your body image prevents you from seeing a good weigh-in. If you are a dieter, after a week of discipline and self-control, you don't want to see that it has only netted you a 1/2 pound loss, no loss, or even worse a gain for the week. We have to admit the scale can be crude and rude, but there are those that avoid it altogether. Doctors call scale-phobia an avoidance behavior. The idea behind it: If I don't know for sure that I gained weight, maybe I didn't. You're most likely to duck the scale after a few days, weeks, or months of eating whatever you darn well please. Then there are those that have to weigh daily and be upset at the slightest point gain. Learn the scale should not be the judge of your past week's activities. Weigh-in at the same time each week and do not let it dictate your mood. The scale is just a complex data information center and is no judge of the wonderful person you are inside.

Prayer: Lord God, may I look to You for recognition and acceptance. When I am disappointed in the scale, may Your love for me faithfully, day in and day out, sustain me. Amen