? concerning Anger

Roseheart
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member
Roseheart
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member

November 27th, 2006, 11:11 am #1

How does one determine whether the anger one is feeling is righteous anger or unrighteous anger? There are some social issues that I find myself being infuriated over because of apathy. Then again, I could be frustrated at my own apathy just the same?.

November 27th, 2006, 11:55 am #2

As far as I am concerned, there is no acceptable anger than that which relates the the Kingdom of God as Jesus had. (Mar 3:5 And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved at the hardening of their heart;) This justified anger led to the healing miracle of a man. What does our anger lead to, would be my question?

Col 3:8 But now put ye also away all these; anger, wrath, malice, railing, shameful speaking out of your mouth:
Eph 4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and railing, be put away from you, with all malice:

Jam 1:19 Ye know this, my beloved brethren. But let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
Jam 1:20 for the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

My personal favorite is: Eph 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

On a personal level, when I lose it, I use this. I am flavored by living with an unjust ,angry person.