January 5th, 2015, 5:27 pm #1

Through the year 2015. Will beef it up when I feel better. :grace:

DavEdsel2
God's Grace Helper
DavEdsel2
God's Grace Helper

January 7th, 2015, 8:49 pm #2

:noon:

I have my Windows laptop back and am so happy!!

I don't think I will join the challenge, but will chat. I do love the title. So true for me and my family - many changes will be happening in 2015. Hopefully all for the better.

Fayrda's attorney has finally settled her Worker's Compensation Case after 4 years. Her first injury was 1/2/2011 and the second and worst was on 3/24/2011. One more hearing at the beginning of February where she will testify to the judge that she is entering this agreement to settle willingly and agrees to all conditions. They will send her a lump-sum check by the end of the month and then her bi-weekly checks will stop. The dollar amount of the settlement if far less than she deserves and a bit less than we hoped for, but under the constraints of the Worker's Compensation laws is as best as we could expect. They will continue paying for all medical treatments and doctor appointments associated with the injury. Bottom line: do not get hurt at work.

Very frigid with the current temp being about 9 degrees and very icy. Lots of snow this morning but no precip now. Supposed to warm up a bit into the low 30's next week.

I am preparing for my hip replacement surgery on 3/16/15. I saw the physical therapist today and have daily exercises to do to strengthen the muscles. This will help with rehab and recovery. I am continuing to track everything I eat in FitDay.com and keep my carbs under 150, as close to 100 as possible. The intense hip pain is making my blood sugar numbers a bit more than I would like, so I'm starting insulin again to make sure I get those numbers down for surgery.

I pray you all are having a blessed and wonderful Wednesday! :)

editor
God's Grace Special Angel
editor

January 8th, 2015, 10:03 am #3

Happy Thursday, Dave! Four years of red tape in the past now. Tell your beloved wife, good for her. In March, I hope this first of battles will bring you relief! Your entire family has had been obstacles. I pray the best for you all this coming year!

Dear Lord, in Jesus' Name, give signs of your goodness daily and help Dave to lose weight and to stay on track. Bless his family, I pray. Amen

DavEdsel2
God's Grace Helper
DavEdsel2
God's Grace Helper

January 9th, 2015, 7:34 pm #4

:noon:

I think that maybe to avoid confusion everyone should be posting in this new thread for this new challenge and new year. Let's start fresh together and enjoy God's victories for us in 2015! :vic:

We got about a foot of snow overnight with high winds in WNY. All schools, some businesses and some high ways are closed. I am so thankful we have contracted a new snow plow guy who is doing an excellent job. He did our lawns and gardens this past spring and summer. His rates are reasonable and his work ethic is excellent.

The woman that was helping us keep the inside of our home clean hurt her back and has other health problems. I think we can manage that ourselves a bit at a time. We are disabled, but not invalids so a little activity will be good for us.

I've saw the physical therapist Wednesday and have exercises to do at home to strengthen my hip and leg muscles. This will make rehab and recover easier. I have been doing them, and they do not hurt but I feel them working.

Praying everyone is having a blessed and fantastic Friday, friends. :)

angelic
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
angelic
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

January 9th, 2015, 7:40 pm #5

Love the title of this challenge! l am in......
Glad Dave will chat with us.... his encouragement is uplifting....

Lord, Thank You for the love and Grace you give us every day. :ghug:

editor
editor

January 11th, 2015, 1:57 pm #6

Reporting in with a loss. 129.4 from 131. Angelic, keep up the good work with Special Olympics, and Dave remember I am praying for your family.

DavEdsel2
God's Grace Helper
DavEdsel2
God's Grace Helper

January 11th, 2015, 4:30 pm #7

:morn:

Great loss, Candy! You have done fantastically.

A bit warmer here in WNY. Currently 21 going up into the low 30's. And the sun is shining. Much better than the past few days with snow fall totals over a foot.

Thank you, Candy, for praying for our family. Much needed and appreciated.

I've decided to join this new challenge and will track my progress in my signature. I weighed 324 in the doctor's office in May 2014 and have made pretty good progress since then. By 2/17/2015 when I see the orthopedic surgeon again he wants to see at least 10 more pounds down or he will re-schedule my surgery from 3/16/15 until no earlier than April, probably May. His nurse told me he was serious and would do it, so I need to take this serious as well. The hip pain is definitely incentive to make consistent lifestyle changes.

Have a blessed and sanctified Sonday, friends. :)

Momof9Blessings
God's Grace Warrior
Momof9Blessings
God's Grace Warrior

January 12th, 2015, 4:59 pm #8

Thanks Candy for the reminder to come to this thread.... I did not even think about that.... LOL

Dave - you can do it.... will be praying and cheering you one....

I am down to 250.6 so 2.4 loss! :)

We have a couple of days of temps in the low teens for the highs... On Thurs it will warm up to 30's - for next week, may even see 40..... :)

editor
editor

January 13th, 2015, 6:29 pm #9

I know you can do it Dave, and Lori---you won this week almost. Be sure to keep your weight loss in your sig.

Momof9Blessings
God's Grace Warrior
Momof9Blessings
God's Grace Warrior

January 15th, 2015, 4:32 pm #10

I am under 150 today! about 1.5 lbs to 30 lost!!! :)

Hubby is going back to our old place today - to finish up some work there..... I am planning on taking the girls shopping when I go to chiro appt.... :)

We have beautiful blue skies 29 degrees.... :) heat wave... LOL