editor
God's Grace Special Angel
editor

June 23rd, 2015, 2:39 pm #121

Rest and heal, Dave. Many are counting on you! Thank you Lord for bring Dave through another trial. In Jesus' Name Amen.
Weighing in a day late @112.8

DavEdsel2
God's Grace Helper
DavEdsel2
God's Grace Helper

July 5th, 2015, 11:03 am #122

:morn:

Hello, everyone.
We had a very nice holiday yesterday. Our eldest son cooked hamburgers indoors and ramen. Then we had ice cream.

The neighborhood fireworks terrified our 3 small dogs, unfortunately. Hopefully it will be quiet today.

I'm recovering well from my surgery. Hardly have to use the walker now.. I get the sutures out tomorrow. I have no joint or arthritis pain in my right hip any longer. That is a tremendous blessing.

Have a blessed and super Sunday, friends. :)

gracie
Heaven Bound
Heaven Bound
gracie
Heaven Bound
Heaven Bound

July 5th, 2015, 4:31 pm #123

Very glad to hear that your recovery is coming along well! Sounds like a great day, Dave! Sorry about the doggies... have a friend who has the same issue, they never get used to fireworks or thunder...

I've been taking care of two cats -- they didn't seem bothered by the neighborhood firecrackers. I did not go to see a fireworks display... besides not wanting to go along, I was needing some rest from the week's labors.

Of most notable, I became a grandmother for the first time. :)

DavEdsel2
God's Grace Helper
DavEdsel2
God's Grace Helper

July 5th, 2015, 7:38 pm #124

:cong: Grandma Gracie!! :)

DavEdsel2
God's Grace Helper
DavEdsel2
God's Grace Helper

July 6th, 2015, 6:26 pm #125

:noon:

Most of my sutures were removed this morning. The top part of the incision is below loose, sagging skin due to weight loss and they decided to leave a few sutures there. It is not healing completely and needs another week. I go back next Monday for follow-up and hopefully the rest will be removed.

As of this morning I weigh 270 pounds. This is 100 pounds down from my top weight of 370 in 2003 and 54 pounds down from my weight of 324 in May 2014. I have been able to give up about half of my prescription medications. I am very thankful to be on God's path to my health.

Have a blessed and marvelous Monday, friends. :)

editor
editor

July 6th, 2015, 9:03 pm #126

Salutations to you Dave! I pray you will be healed soon. You always have complications. Happy Monday to you. I am trying to gain weight. Be that as it may, I try to keep in touch. Tell the family hello for me, please!

gracie
Heaven Bound
Heaven Bound
gracie
Heaven Bound
Heaven Bound

July 7th, 2015, 4:14 am #127

That comment doesn't exactly sound gracious. :( :sighs:

editor
editor

July 7th, 2015, 5:55 pm #128

I apologize, but Dave has suffered greatly in his life!

DavEdsel2
God's Grace Helper
DavEdsel2
God's Grace Helper

December 23rd, 2015, 1:03 am #129

Hello, everyone.

I know there is not a lot of activity here but I did want to post and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

An update on me: I had my left hip total replacement surgery on 11/16/15 and am thrilled with the results. Now I have two steel hips so I will have some 'splaining to do if I go through a metal detector. :)

Since 2003 I have now lost 117 pounds. I got very serious last May 2014 when my diabetes was so bad my doctor had to add insulin. That was a kick in the pants for me and I started to track everything diligently in Fitday.com. I am not perfect every day, but I try to keep my total daily calories between 1200 and 1400, and my total carb grams around 100. I am only on one oral medication for diabetes, and have been able to give up my blood pressure medication and am working to get rid of my reflux medication. I am thankful that I am finally listening to God's voice and making a permanent lifestyle change.

My wonderful wife Fayrda recently took this picture of me and it does show good progress. I wear a size 38 slack/jeans and regular XL shirts and shorts. I would like to lose about 35 more pounds. I feel so much better and in general my chronic spine pain is better.

And here is a before picture from about 4 years ago...

Again, Happy Holidays to you all and wishing you a blessed 2016. :)

editor
editor

January 8th, 2016, 4:57 pm #130

Dave, what a difference! And I am glad you are better!
I don't have a camera, but I am still too low.
Have a blessed and good health year!