Buddy up!

March 30th, 2007, 9:02 am #1

Buddy up!

Actively seek out support and give support. Studies have shown that those that are supported, and support others in their diet efforts are more successful in weight loss. There are so many avenues to chose from. A spouse who partners with you, a friend, family member, a meeting place, an online message board, or an email buddy. Start your own group in your church. Giving support will really change your life. It will take the focus off of "me, myself, and I" and turn into an opportunity to minister to others. Ecclesiastes 4:9 "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: 10 If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" You needn't sit there all alone in the world. Someone would be thrilled to be your lifeline, and you be theirs.

Have a blessed day!

www.gracetoday.com

J.I.L.
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member
J.I.L.
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member

March 30th, 2007, 2:46 pm #2

I love that verse, it is true KNOWING that I have friends who I can confide in who see the whole package and love me anyway has been a blessing to me, knowing that if I fall I have someone who has my back. Grace Today is full of good support and love once you tap into it :grace: Thanks to all my buddies here @ GT :)

Ariella
Heaven Bound
Heaven Bound
Ariella
Heaven Bound
Heaven Bound

March 30th, 2007, 10:17 pm #3

Agreeing for sure on the benefit and blessing of encouragement through good friends --- here at Grace!!!

Toni
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member
Toni
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member

March 31st, 2007, 4:08 am #4

It's part of why I came back... and part of why I was successful with my weight loss in the past! Encouragement and prayer from buddies here! Plus, I think we get something out of it ourselves when we encourage others. Makes us more conscious of our own actions perhaps.