Birds

Delete
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Delete
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

April 1st, 2011, 7:54 pm #1

This morning I looked out of my backyard window, and received a shock! Walking around was the largest bird I have ever seen in my backyard! It was tall with legs like a rooster with some red coloring! What kind of bird it was, I do not know! My sister stated that she saw more of the same kind of birds further down in another yard. I looked through our bird book, and the only picture that I saw that looked almost like the bird, was a turkey vulture.

Speaking of birds, did I ever tell you about the time we were attacked by a bird, my sister and I, walking around the college compound? Not only us, but anyone who walked close to some wooded area. First I thought it was our imagination, and then it became funny, and then not so funny. This went on for several weeks.

Birds, some of God's amazing creatures.

April 2nd, 2011, 8:38 am #2

We see them in the road often feeding on roadkill. We also see flocks of wild turkeys on the road. Could have been either. My neighbor told me that another's neighbors ostrich escaped and was in her yard. All I know is if you don't look out the window often you will miss something!

Banned account
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member
Banned account
Hallelujah Member
Hallelujah Member

April 2nd, 2011, 12:33 pm #3

We are getting some very colorful birds again in our yard, now that the weather is getting nicer. So nice to watch early in AM with a hot cup of tea.

Delete
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Delete
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

November 30th, 2011, 2:57 pm #4

In our area we are receiving a lot of crows! Maybe it's just my imagination, but they are more loud and busy this year.

November 30th, 2011, 7:33 pm #5

I haven't seen much activity with the birds lately. We have not been feeding them. I don't even know where our crows and and others are now but I know for winter a little bit of feed and I would see them again. I always think the crows are gossiping-haha.