Bible Trivia Game

3:07 PM - Jan 03, 2011 #1

I'll start with a question. You post the simple answer and Scripture to prove your point. Then you may challenge with another trivia question. This is a great way to increase Bible knowledge. Who knows, maybe you will be on Jeopardy one day.

Q: When Hanna prayed to the Lord for a son, what did she promise Him?

Deleted User
Deleted User

3:26 PM - Jan 03, 2011 #2

ANSWER:
1 Samuel 9-11:
9. Once when they had finished eating and drinking in Shiloh, Hannah stood up. Now Eli the priest was sitting on his chair by the doorpost of the LORD's house. 10. In her deep anguish Hannah prayed to the LORD, weeping bitterly. 11. And she made a vow, saying, "LORD Almighty, if you will only look on your servant's misery and remember me, and not forget your servant but give her a son, then I will give him to the LORD for all the days of his life, and no razor will ever be used on his head."

Hannah promised to give the son back to the Lord and never shave the hair on his head.

This was the subject of today's Our Daily Bread.

QUESTION:
Who found fault with the disciples for eating bread with unwashed hands?

Ann
Award Member
Ann
Award Member

1:12 PM - Jan 11, 2011 #3

Answer-- Pharisees and scribes
Mark 7:
1 Then came together to him the Pharisees, and certain of the scribes, which came from Jerusalem. 2 And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say, with unwashed, hands, they found fault. 3 For the Pharisees, and all the Jews, except they wash their hands oft, eat not, holding the tradition of the elders. 4 And when they come from the market, except they wash, they eat not. And many other things there be, which they have received to hold, as the washing of cups, and pots, brazen vessels, and of tables. 5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not your disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashed hands?

QUESTION:
What tribe of Israel did the Apostle Paul belong to?