Smatree Extended battery issue

Discuss the GoPro Hero3 Silver+ General, Issues and Trouble Shooting.

Smatree Extended battery issue

May 31st, 2017, 9:31 am #1

I have a smatree extended battery that has worked great for all day videoing. I used it this past weekend with no issues but now when I hook it up it no longer shows up on my camera as being connected. It is fully charged and I have tried everything I know to do. I have even reset the camera to make sure I didn't turn off some settings somewhere. Does anyone have any incite on what may be happening?
It is a Hero 4 Silver

June 2nd, 2017, 3:44 pm #2

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the latest gopro updates made gopro only recognise original gopro batteries?????

suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

June 4th, 2017, 1:36 am #3

Mike that is Hero5 battery with chip.

OUT,
This extended battery is like GoPro Battery BacPac , so it uses the rear expansion port and its Hero 4 series, where battery has no chip.
In most cases some of the contact points may go bad or the latest hero4 V5 firmware ( Karma drone compatibility and Linear View ) may change some "thing" on the rear expansion port.

For any battery bacpac to work, it must do handshake with the camera and allow battery bacpac to take over power supplying until approx 20% power left, it then hands over to camera's own battery. This is kinda firmware controlled.

Rear expansion port features do change with firmware. When DJI gimbal of phantom1 and 2 was still using GoPro camera, their gen1 gimbal uses GoPro rear expansion port too and when GoPro updated their firmware... the gimbal then become incompatible.

Go back to firmware V4 and try
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.