Hi from Qld

Introduce yourself, discuss anything you like here, but keep it civil, friendly and polite.

Hi from Qld

February 2nd, 2017, 6:17 pm #1

Its actually my second time around on this forum. I used to come on a few years back and ask newbie questions regarding surf footage for my HD Hero. It now resides at the bottom of the ocean. Rambo was unreal and IIRC his watersport was outrigging and showed me footage of a good stack once. I now run the gopro 4 silver and have a side mount on a gath hat i am trying to get some tube footage with. Unfortunately i am still a crap surfer.

This is my second post so apologies for breaking the unwritten forum rule of asking a question before an intro. This time around I am trying to learn how to better use my gopro on dry land out of the housing and the best accessories to collect for better tripod based standard cam corder style footage. I am doing something a bit different for a charity when i go to Indonesia soon that I wanna film. All on my other thread though.

This is still an awesome forum.
Thanks in advance for any help
Henno

February 4th, 2017, 4:07 pm #2

169 views and not one person says hi. Looks like this forum went down hill big time.

July 10th, 2018, 12:53 am #3

i'll say hi  :)
queensland, hey its a nice spot in the world, better not tell everyone how good it is here lol. I am new to the group as well. i'm land locked here so no surfing.  i have a gopro 4 silver and just got a 6 black a couple of weeks ago. been playing around with this little beastie
2gopros.jpg

July 12th, 2018, 11:33 am #4

Hello, Queensland; I guess you're getting ready for Christmas this month since it's mid-winter Down Under.  That's a very interesting setup you've adapted for your 2 cameras using the flat adhesive mounts.  How is it attached to your truck bed?  I've never seen anything like it before.  And are you going for stereo footage with the cameras?  I've had a try, but only with stills so far, no video yet.  I acquired a second Hero 5 Black at a too-good-to-pass-up discount several weeks back; I'd bought the first early last year and used it to make a timelapse video of the eclipse since I lived within the area of totality.  I can't attach it because it's a 75mb .mp4 file and too big to post. 
GoPro3D0002 (color anaglyph).JPG
HPIM1496.JPG