Malakai you were right again

Discuss anything off topic

Malakai you were right again

Matt
Gold member
Matt
Gold member

03 Oct 2017, 02:48 #1

I'm not one to be easily influenced, but when the creator of An Ear For Men eloquently lays out the reasons to remain a single man thanks to the asshole American law system, I am inclined to believe him, even if he remained celibate himself.

This video was all it took to realize what a fool's errand my love quest really has been. If my parents playing house is not convincing on its own, nothing is.

This is also a hard lesson in counting my blessings amidst the crosses. And in learning to enjoy whatever I already have. The day will come where I won't need a million dollars to retire because what I do end up with will set me for life in any other country.

... and I will still have the freedom of an old bachelor to choose my own paradise.

To bachelorhood!

reasons to remain a single man
I can be found at these places online:
Github-https://github.com/mbgraham
LinkedIn-https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthew-b-graham
Unity username: mbgraham
Game Gavel, NintendoAge, and NESdev.com forum username- retrofan84
Digital Press and Minds usernames- mbgraham

Malakai
Gold member
Malakai
Gold member

05 Oct 2017, 14:53 #2

Obviously, this guy is looking at a perspective of a man who would be the money maker in a relationship, and even if not, we do know that when children are involved, it's the women that do have the majority of the rights, to get full custody and force the man to pay child support, even if he's a better parent than her. I mean, even if the mother is a drug addict, the legal system would likely still side with her, or at least give her a chance over a father that doesn't have any problems at all, whether it be drugs or alcohol or whatever.. I understand that, but what about when roles are reversed and the woman is the money maker and the man either makes less money or is the stay at home parent?

I was looking alimony statistics, for men, and believe it or not, about 40% of marriages are from households where women are making more money than men, where the men actually qualify for alimony in a divorce settlement, yet only 3% of them actually ask for it. I would be willing to bet that, in the majority of these cases, the men, in fact, are paying some sort of child support payments and probably wouldn't even have to, because alimony would probably cancel out child support, at least temporarily.
Movies: 125 HD-DVDS, 213 BLU-RAYS, 288 3-D BLU-RAYS, 7 UHD, 286 DVDs, 599 VHS, 28 VCDs, 5 PSP Movies, 176 Laserdiscs, 10 FS 3D DVDs

18 3DO, 198 Atari 2600, 34 Atari 7800, 19 Amiga, 6 C64, 10 CD-I, 15 Colecovision, 20 Dreamcast, 56 Duo/PC Engine, 54 GB/GBA/DS, 31 Gamecube, 5 GameGear, 105 Genesis/32x, 28 Intellivision, 41 SMS, 22 N64, 132 NES/Famicom, 44 PS1, 105 PS2, 27 PS3, 25 PSP, 121 Sega/Mega CD, 46 Saturn, 42 SNES, 7 ti-99/4a, 34 Wii, 2 Wonderswan, 110 XBOX, 37 XBOX 360

Matt
Gold member
Matt
Gold member

05 Oct 2017, 15:27 #3

The whole tragedy of this issue is that our current state of the world suffocates the sanctity and holiness factor a true sacramental marriage commands in an ideal society.

To think such marriages were more possible until the 1960s. That this epidemic has only manifested for about two generations is what really shocks me. We live in a different universe for sure.

Maybe I would not resent it so much if we were still a society that shamed divorce as we once did. Everywhere you look images of mom staying at home to clean cook and have kids is the prime target of feminazi catharsis.

I don't demand a woman stay home and be a "good little maid". Not at all. I believe God made us man and woman and we ARE different whether the feminazis like that or not. Maybe most women would rather not have "man" careers. This equality b.s. like "women in technology, unite" is silly to me. Maybe ladies just don't want to learn code. And what's wrong with that?

It is the progressives' insatiable lust for altering natural law that severely dampens my desire to associate with such insane freaks. Trans this trans that...
I can be found at these places online:
Github-https://github.com/mbgraham
LinkedIn-https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthew-b-graham
Unity username: mbgraham
Game Gavel, NintendoAge, and NESdev.com forum username- retrofan84
Digital Press and Minds usernames- mbgraham

Malakai
Gold member
Malakai
Gold member

05 Oct 2017, 18:53 #4

Well, my current girlfriend is fixin' to get her third degree, in January I think, and she's likely going to be going for her PHD, to become a professor at the UF, starting next year, and this is despite having a crippling and progressive disease, and I don't think I could ever even start to compete with her, at my age. In this relatively new medical field she's getting in, the starting wage is between 150k and 200k per year.

Who knows where we will be in the 4+ years it could potentially take her to get that PHD and start working, but if we are still together at that point, I'd personally just have to face the fact that she'd be the breadwinner.
Movies: 125 HD-DVDS, 213 BLU-RAYS, 288 3-D BLU-RAYS, 7 UHD, 286 DVDs, 599 VHS, 28 VCDs, 5 PSP Movies, 176 Laserdiscs, 10 FS 3D DVDs

18 3DO, 198 Atari 2600, 34 Atari 7800, 19 Amiga, 6 C64, 10 CD-I, 15 Colecovision, 20 Dreamcast, 56 Duo/PC Engine, 54 GB/GBA/DS, 31 Gamecube, 5 GameGear, 105 Genesis/32x, 28 Intellivision, 41 SMS, 22 N64, 132 NES/Famicom, 44 PS1, 105 PS2, 27 PS3, 25 PSP, 121 Sega/Mega CD, 46 Saturn, 42 SNES, 7 ti-99/4a, 34 Wii, 2 Wonderswan, 110 XBOX, 37 XBOX 360