Forum Compression - Voting

June 5th, 2018, 8:52 pm #1

What compression would be the best for our forum?

Total votes: 11
2(18%)
1(9%)
8(73%)
0(0%)

There were voices about reducing our forum boards and sections. After seeing the results of our previous poll, we decided to make visualizations and ask you all about the other matter too. Here they are:
[+] Spoiler
Hyper Compression Version 0: This one is a really drastic change. It has only one board with three sections.

[+] Spoiler
Hyper Compression: There is only one board named Golden Sunrise with just most important sections. These sections are Announcements, General Discussion, Games Hall, Creativity and Golden Sun.

[+] Spoiler
Balanced Compression: It has three boards with all their respective sections like it was in the old days of our forum. These three boards are Golden Sunrise (our Administrative Boards), City Bazaar (General Discussion, Games Hall, Creativity, Randomness) and the third one Golden Sun.

Please vote and let us know what you think~

Last edited by Neshi on June 5th, 2018, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[+] Spoiler

Click for more info about Golden Sun Legends! Also click to see The Chronicles of Golden Sunrise!

June 5th, 2018, 8:59 pm #2

I prefer that third one because the index would just look really weird without at least three categories
WHY ARE WE STILL HERE...
...JUST TO SUFFER?!

June 5th, 2018, 9:10 pm #3

I could go for either Hyper or Balanced, but since we won't really be facing new members or help topics too often (and the separate thingies I don't think anyone uses) I'll go with Hyper Compression for now. Entertainment should be straight-up merged into General instead of a subforum (did anyone at all object to that?) but if people feel the need to keep it distinct I have no objections as long as all the other stuff is in fact actually distinct subforums as it is shown.
Last edited by Nedben on June 5th, 2018, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 6th, 2018, 12:03 am #4

I went for balanced.

Version 0 is a big no to me. Compressing the main page into 3 subforums makes the entire forum look so small it's barely worth visiting when looking at the main page alone, and that's kind of depressing.

Hyper is better, but still slightly too compressed for my liking.

Balanced is my favorite, since it keeps the main page more appealing and less like some dying forum kept as an archive thanks to the subsections still existing. To be honest, even hyper is slightly depressing to look at for me, even though I realise we don't really need a lot of subforums for our amount of activity.

Rule of existence: Whenever luck is involved, somehow, somewhere, someone will get trolled by it.

June 6th, 2018, 12:38 am #5

This is for the whole forum, right? I like the last option then - the other two look like the whole place is kind of empty. It's a similar feeling I get to ResetEra. It may be busy, but it feels small.

June 8th, 2018, 6:54 pm #6

Balanced looks perfect to me.

June 15th, 2018, 10:11 pm #7

The Forum Compression has been completed, going with the Balanced Compression!
<-- Courtesy of Safe Haven and Saucy Goblin respectively! :3 <3

June 15th, 2018, 11:31 pm #8

I'm glad things didn't end up too squashed. It looks nice! I hope they'll all be nice and active!

June 17th, 2018, 6:54 am #9

I didn't notice at the time that you intended to keep the entertainment and senate forums as sub forums in general. Personally I don't like this.

What will be done with the clan section?

Otherwise good work, it looks a lot better.
Last edited by Miva on June 17th, 2018, 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

June 25th, 2018, 2:16 pm #10

The Clans and Alliances board will be moved as a sub-section to the Games section. Currently our admin team is focused on Tapatalk issue and then when we know where we stand, the team will focus on New Competition System discussed in other thread.
Last edited by Neshi on June 25th, 2018, 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[+] Spoiler

Click for more info about Golden Sun Legends! Also click to see The Chronicles of Golden Sunrise!