Extra Life Part II: The Lost Age

3:26 PM - Nov 03, 2014 #1

Hi everyone!

So, Miva and I had a BLAST racing through Golden Sun. :D We'd like to tackle TLA next and try to keep raising money if possible, but this time we'd like to invite you all to play with us.

We haven't quite set a date and time yet, but we were wondering if anyone would be interested in playing TLA in six hour bursts every few weekends or so until we all beat it, perhaps with a badge going to everyone who finishes. You don't have to livestream. You can, but I think Miva and I will keep the same set up we had of racing and streaming our games side by side. We'll open a Skype chat to anyone who's playing and anyone else who wants to pop in.

A tentative date was November 15. We'd begin probably at a more reasonable time, say, 8am CST (yes Miva it is CST now!!) and go for six hours. We'll all save wherever we're at, then come back to it a few weeks later.

Would anyone be interested in this/would a different date/time work better for anyone/especially Miva?

Update brought to you by Miva: Hi guys, in case you don't get to the end of this topic our plan now is to do this on the 22nd of November.
We are asking anyone that joins in to play along with us to donate $5.
And we are discussing who we should raise the money for. Please see this topic to join that discussion.
Last edited by Miva on 10:33 AM - Nov 06, 2014, edited 3 times in total.

3:28 PM - Nov 03, 2014 #2

I'd do it, a blind run! I must be the only one here who hasn't played anything from the series!
WHY ARE WE STILL HERE...
...JUST TO SUFFER?!

3:30 PM - Nov 03, 2014 #3

If other people can join in, can we use emulator features such as speed up/save states? Or would it be preferred to not have those? It's pretty easy to add people to the multi-twitch.

Mia

3:34 PM - Nov 03, 2014 #4

I would love to join in! ^_^

3:35 PM - Nov 03, 2014 #5

Noooo Ty. The goal is to play it through as normally as possible, just with ants in our pants. :D

4:08 PM - Nov 03, 2014 #6

I'd love to join, or at the very least watch since I can actually make it this time :D
e r r or

4:10 PM - Nov 03, 2014 #7

You missed good stuff. It got heated there at the end! We were neck and neck pretty much from Suhalla Desert all the way through Venus Lighthouse. I pulled ahead a bit during Crossbone Isle but wasted too much time on a log puzzle, and failed at skipping the Suhalla Desert boss. Miva was just ahead of me right up until we entered Venus Lighthouse from Tunnel Ruins, but I caught up when we got to VL because it's MY turf.

Then we discovered she hadn't set her text speed to fast so I passed her during the cutscene leading up to Saturos/Menardi. It was AWESOME.

4:13 PM - Nov 03, 2014 #8

Haha sounds intense, one for the legends. I'm super impressed with all the donations too, hope we can keep raising that dosh!
e r r or

4:54 PM - Nov 03, 2014 #9

Aaah I wish I can D: But on weekends I have classes from morning till evening Dx (yea, I study part-time) so I won't be able to join.. But I'll support you with my mind and advertising on dA and tumblr! :D
[+] Spoiler

Click for more info about Golden Sun Legends! Also click to see The Chronicles of Golden Sunrise!

6:52 PM - Nov 03, 2014 #10

That's very kind of you neshi. :D

What do you study BTW, if you don't mind me asking?
e r r or