E3 2018: What's Camelot up to now?

May 3rd, 2018, 3:20 am #1

Camelot's working on Mario Tennis Aces, which will launch for the Switch June 22 and which we're bound to see this year at E3.

However, with the big Switch push from Ninty, I wouldn't be surprised if they were up to something else, too. They tend to have a game a year or every two years, so it's not out of the question for them to make something else and show it there for the first time.

My bets would be on, if anything, a Mario Golf for Switch since the last Mario Golf was World Tour back in 2014. Since that, Golden Sun, and Tennis are their only three things in the last 20 years (I shit you not, Shining Force 3 was back in 98!), Golf is probably next in the rotation.

That said, they did do Mario Sports Superstars on 3DS last year. We might always see a generalized Mario Sprots game for Switch. I'm pretty well convinced that the 3DS is out the window at this point though, no matter what Ninty says about it.

NOX

May 3rd, 2018, 8:53 am #2

If Camelot is not working on a Mario-sport game,
maybe they are taking a break ?

I'm not playing that much console game, as of now,
so, I'm not really expecting anything special from Nintendo or Camelot.

My random (and not really realistic) ideas are :
>A Mario chess game, because, why not ?
>A new IP, so we get something else than Mario-sports but no GS.
>International Switch port of, until then, japan-only Shinning games.
(There would be a lot of shinning fans interested.)

May 3rd, 2018, 10:04 am #3

Golden Sun 4 please. Give us Isaac for Smash 5, that will increase Golden Sun awareness and hype like it did for Fire emblem in Melee, and then give us Golden Sun 4 please. At the VERY least, wrap up the story. Maybe further games set in in the past or future? IDK and IDC. Give us GS4 please, even if it's only as decent as Dark Dawn.
<-- Courtesy of Safe Haven and Saucy Goblin respectively! :3 <3

May 3rd, 2018, 2:14 pm #4

Do you think that's even still a reasonable possibility? I'm very of the mind it is not, and if it were, given the trajectory of Dark Dawn the game would not be worth it.

NOX

May 3rd, 2018, 6:11 pm #5

Or, make it that GS4 is all about fixing, in universe, the bad side-effects that DD quest induced ?
If done well, it could be interesting and rekindle the interest of fan, for the good points of DD.

Anyway, I think that GS4 needs to address GS3 for the franchise to revive.
(Outright ignoring DD might be a hit or miss move.)

May 3rd, 2018, 6:48 pm #6

I just think it's a huge stretch that Camelot or Nintendo would be interested in resurrecting the franchise at all.

May 4th, 2018, 3:01 am #7

"international switch port of shining games"

"unrealistic idea"

There's actually a shining game being ported(and expended) for Switch and announced for 2018 already. It's just not a Camelot Shining game.
Last edited by Delfes on May 4th, 2018, 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rule of existence: Whenever luck is involved, somehow, somewhere, someone will get trolled by it.

May 4th, 2018, 4:59 pm #8

Yeah every time I see Shining on a line-up for anything I get excited til I remember Camelot doesn't do that anymore.

May 4th, 2018, 8:43 pm #9

I think if anyone is hoping for a new Golden Sun game, I am willing to bet a million dollars it's not happening this year or next year or after. Anything Golden Sun has been dead for many years, as much as I would love to dive back in the world I only really want to see Switch ports of the original two. I don't need another Golden Sun and at this point it as Duke Nukem Syndrome, they can't make a good game anyway at this point. We expect way too much, everything good from Golden Sun The Lost Age and removing all the bad things they did in Dark Dawn.

It's not happening and if it was, I do not doubt the majority of people are going to be dissappointed

One for all, and all for me&#12290;
Avatar by Yurax-Mae. Signature by Neshirys

NOX

May 4th, 2018, 8:48 pm #10

I think that I would be happy with a new IP from Camelot.
They could do a fresh spiritual successor to Golden Sun.