E3 2018

June 11th, 2018, 2:45 am #1

I know it's still going on and there's still most likely a lot of good stuff coming, but I thought I might as well make this before it ends.

So, anything you're all looking forward to or have seen and are hyped for? Or just things you'd like to discuss about any of the presentations beyond just the games?

I, for one, thought xbox had some pretty interesting things, even though I likely won't get to play them since I don't plan on getting another console soon. I'm mostly curious as to how kingdom hearts is going to turn out. It includes Wreck-it Ralph levels and they show retro style games, so I think that one alone might be interesting. Not to mention being the first kingdom hearts on xbox.

Rule of existence: Whenever luck is involved, somehow, somewhere, someone will get trolled by it.

June 11th, 2018, 1:57 pm #2

So far ive only heard snippets about Bethesda. The new fallout; a multiplayer, the new elder scrolls; a mobile game... it's troubling, but then I haven't thought an elder scrolls was good since morrowind and the fallout game can't be much worse than 4...
Or wait, is elder scrolls blades different from elder scrolls 6?
Last edited by Miva on June 11th, 2018, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 11th, 2018, 4:33 pm #3

If I remember correctly they're different products. Hopefully.

but yes. soon.

June 11th, 2018, 7:03 pm #4

I can confirm, blades and Elder scrolls 6 are different things. Blades had actual gameplay footage, elder scroll VI barely got a teaser that showed a tiny bit of landscape with the title. We hardly got more than something saying "Elder scrolls VI will exist" with no further info. For all we know, it could be a late 2019 release or even later.
Last edited by Delfes on June 11th, 2018, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rule of existence: Whenever luck is involved, somehow, somewhere, someone will get trolled by it.

June 11th, 2018, 10:43 pm #5

As far as Elder Scrolls 6: I wanna see if ES6 is gonna be one where they don't dumb it down, where they keep the deliciously alien undercurrents that separate it from traditional fantasy and also some of the fun custom aspects, give us another Morrowind worth of the new stuff. Give us the spaceships and the elven starlight-wires, give us the steampunk Imperial-commandeered Dwemercraft we saw against the Redguards, give us custom spellcrafting back...who knows, I guess?

Wonder how far into development it is if they're only offering a landscape scroll announcement and saying pre-production. Presumably that means they have the shape of the province and all genned and they're showing it off to some extent, but are still working on doing a lot of fine detail polish related to the story structure so they don't want to reveal anything early? Hmmm. It might well just be a 'we have the group together and this is a draft advert so we can't abandon it!'.
Last edited by Nedben on June 11th, 2018, 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

June 15th, 2018, 12:26 am #6

Honestly I'm just happy that the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia is coming stateside on all platforms. I didn't really pay much attention outside of that and all I know is Kingdom Hearts 3 finally has a release date.

June 15th, 2018, 12:30 am #7

Honestly I'm just happy that the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia is coming stateside on all platforms. I didn't really pay much attention outside of that and all I know is Kingdom Hearts 3 finally has a release date.

June 15th, 2018, 11:53 pm #8

I enjoyed the conferences, but mostly due to my friend's party. She's fun, and even had some games to play in between conferences. She seemed really deflated by the conference, though. I think she was angry at Bethesda - when i asked her about it, she told me that the next console generation is at least two years away, so Starfield won't be here until then, and that Elder Scrolls 6 would be at least three years after that. She also said that Bethesda was a hypocrite for making a multiplayer only game, but I don't think I understand the context on that. I think she saw something in them that isn't there any more, and it hurt her.

I do remember being kind of disappointed by Nintendo. I'm not really into smash, and the Yoshi game I was looking forward to wasn't there, so I'm worried about it. It felt like a lot of the conferences themselves were just meant for other people.
Last edited by AllanaM on June 15th, 2018, 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.