Gold Theory

Nightjar
Contriibutor Extraordinare
Nightjar

November 14th, 2015, 8:59 am #1

Found this tucked away in my archives, can anyone prove this theory written in 2000?

upload gambar

Good luck & safe travels
Peter

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."

Topcat
Topcat

November 14th, 2015, 10:33 am #2

Interesting theory Peter,

when you look at the advance in detector technology since this publication it will be interesting
to see if any budding metallurgists with detecting experience can put a further light on the subject.
Cheers,

Ted

www.havewheelswilltravel.iinet.net.au
"I believe that if life gives you lemons,you
should make lemonade & try to find somebody
whose life has given them vodka, & have a party"!!!!

boobook
Contributor plus
boobook
Contributor plus

November 14th, 2015, 9:02 pm #3

That is an interesting theory Peter, and am certainly not a metallurgist.

However, last winter detecting, the one and only 0.75gm. nugget I found was at around 15cm., well compacted gravel, 14x9 NF coil on the 4500.

In light of the Eric Foster theory, this nug. was found at Western Creek, FN Qld. where the gold is approx. 20% diluted with silver (19K) and found ~3 times deeper than in his experiment.
He does not say what size/weight of sample was used, but as we have previously discussed, I believe that detected depth is often increased by a "halo" effect around the nugget.
I also find most interesting the theory of actual nugget formation (bacterial?) and "why" and "where" it was located.
Michael

thedigger
Contributor plus
thedigger
Contributor plus

November 18th, 2015, 7:47 am #4

A couple years ago,I was on one of Darren Kamps tours.He put 2 nuggets on the ground,both about the same size and shape,one from Victoria,which are well known for high purity,and one from the west which run not so pure.
A detector was passed over and one gave a much louder noise,which was the Vic one,I was requested not to answer,as Darren and I had a discussion about this some time before.
So to me the theory is positive,but it does not apply to VLF detectors.

Regards Frank