8. Ukifune
9. Tane
10. Ruuriiro
11. Aoi Kiretsu
12. Kinkyori Renai
13. Manatsu no Dance Hall
14. Kataomoi Fighter
15. Futashika Tashika
16 (Bonus Track). Punk (Studio Live Version)

(All tracks digitally remastered)

DVD:
All of the PVs.

Normal edition: 2100 Yen
W/ DVD: 4200 Yen

---

Notice anything about the "Very Best of GO!GO!"? It's just all the singles in chronological order. This is just throwing salt in the wound. If they called it "GO!GO! Singles Collection" I would have been happier, but to call it the "Very Best?" Especially when their first best of album was incredible and responsible (including myself) for getting many fans of GO!GO!. At this point, the only people will buy this are GO!GO! diehards, but really, there's no point to owning the CD for us either. We probably have several versions of these songs already.

It might be worth it for the DVD just to have all the PVs in one place, but I'm still debating.

Unlike the first Best of which was chosen by GO!GO! themselves, I'm sure GO!GO! had nothing to do with this and it's Toshiba-EMI trying to cash in more.

What they should have done was actually spend some time on GO!GO!'s farewell and put together a singles box set. Put all the singles in there. We would have all the singles and b-sides in one set (rather than split them up in two different releases). And maybe put some extra stuff in there. Maybe a CD of the best live songs, the DVD of PVs. Possibly a photobook chronicling GO!GO!'s career. Get the band themselves on board to do some exclusive things for it. Just do something really special. This was a band that many people (like us) cared deeply about. And all the releases so far have been pretty half-assed (the only one I can justify, is the B-Side collection).

It would have cost much much more than the "Last" Live album, the B-Side collection, and this "Very Best" put together, probably. But I'm sure so many more fans would have bought it. It would have been the closing we all needed. For a band that was around for so long, GO!GO! probably had the worst "last releases" ever.

If the album cover for this is similar to the B-Side collection, I will riot.

Toptube
MANATSU NO DANCE HALL

07 Sep 2012, 01:24 #2

hopefully this hits Jpopsuki. I don't think I've ever heard the "studio live" of Punk.

and hopefully the b-sides collection hits jpopsuki, because I want a high bitrate version of the "studo live" of Rock.

Pizza Breath in the Nostrils of Love

timbo
DOTANBA DE CANCEL

07 Sep 2012, 12:09 #3

Does the DVD include the version of koi no uta with the frizzy-haired Akko, or the PV for Nagisa no Sinbad?

The studio live of Punk is presumably unreleased until now - when listening to the end of the studio live of Rock on the Coupling Best CD it's announced as the next song (which I don't remember hearing when I listened to the single). Mind you it's ages since I listened to the single...

Yes - I'd have liked to have seen more imagination in the CD - outtakes, demos, rarities (are the Shinya Kousuko and Teens Music Festival cds the only compilations to which GO!GO!7188 have contributed songs not available elsewhere?)

I'd like to have seen other promo videos included (like the Kinkyori renai from the acoustic live, with the backstage footage, and didn't someone say Rock from June 2008 was briefly put up by the record company?)
And the PV for one of Akko's solo efforts, with the motobike and guitar. Can't get a copy of that anywhere.

ps - the download version of the recent compilation - included kokoro no tabi from Tora no ana, which is rare why?

I'll shut up now...

Dana
AOI KIRETSU

08 Sep 2012, 23:30 #4

"very best of gogo"...that has got to be a joke. I really hope GO!GO! wasn't involved in this, it's such a disappointment. they don't seem to like their fans much. :P yuu makes boring music with chiriwaka and turkey drums for boring people and akko doesn't do anything anymore besides being a good housewaifu. (well, I don't read her twitter often but she doesn't seem to say anything interesting, lol)

really the only reason to buy this would be the DVD, but then again half of it wouldn't be anything new if you own Dai Eizo Sai, and the rest of the PVs can be downloaded in good quality too. And I bet it's just the PVs for the songs released as actual singles, not "nagisa no sindbad" or "pepper keibu" etc.
I really can't imagine they'll make a lot of money with those pointless releases.

I don't even care anymore. I want a good GO!GO! substitute.

Nate
TANE

09 Sep 2012, 22:19 #5

Actually, it includes the PVs for Pepper Keibu and Kimi Dake Ai wo. But not Nagisa no Sinbad or Kamisama No Hima Tsubushi for some reason.

timbo
DOTANBA DE CANCEL

10 Sep 2012, 12:58 #6

both the GO!GO!7188 and cdjapan websites list kamisama no hima tsubushi amongst the PVs on the DVD (They have different running orders for some reason).

GO!GO!7188 website includes futashika tashika amongst the PVs released for the first time (wasn't it included on the bonus DVD with Antenna?)

I'd be happy with copies of the Shibuya-Ax gig from April 2003 and the live depot show...

(Some of the stuff that has appeared on YouTube recently makes me wonder what might be out there - documentary showing them in the studio apparently late 1999, early 2000...). Get some of this released - must be better than endless recycling of their singles!

Yahiko
KATAOMOI FIGHTER

07 Oct 2012, 14:46 #7

FUCK

kamisama no himatsubushi was included in their official website too
but
no nagisa
also the other version of koi nouta

they should be ashamed calling it DAI EIZO MATURI KANZENBAN

after watching Nate videos at Facebook I can't help myself but reading his posts and hearing his voice in my head LOL

EDIT: I added cover art to the first post... and I really like it :D

Nate
TANE

07 Oct 2012, 14:59 #8

That is really cool cover art....

This comes out Wednesday btw. Not sure if I'll buy it or not yet. Might head down to Tower this week and see if it comes with any cool stuff for the first week it's out. If not, I might wait to get it.

I wonder how much this will be pushed. Tower knows GO!GO! is pretty popular so they usually put their new stuff out to listen at least. There might be a stand for it. The B-Side collection was released without much fan-fare, I guess.

I don't think GO!GO!'s fan base is as big as ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION or Tokyo Jihen, but the fan base they have is really strong. I think I've mentioned this before, but I think Yuu has become a legendary guitarist for Japanese bands with female fronted guitarists/vocalists. So many have been inspired by her.

Dana
AOI KIRETSU

08 Oct 2012, 22:28 #9

I really hope they'll release a separate DVD with all the PVs.
And the CD cover really is cool!

Nate
TANE

10 Oct 2012, 12:00 #10

So, I went down to Tower today, to check it out. There wasn't ANY display about it or anything. It wasn't even displayed at the top of the shelf. It was put with all the other GO!GO! CDs. And they didn't have the DVD edition at all. Depressing. GO!GO!'s label really fucked up this breakup.

But I got Wasureranneeyo's album and they've become one of my favorite bands. And Weezer's Blue Album for my friend's birthday. So, all was not lost.

timbo
DOTANBA DE CANCEL

11 Oct 2012, 17:29 #11

I ordered the DVD version (why would I want the CD part of it?) from YesAsia. Have to wait for the rest of the order to be filled before they send it out to me, then have a week or two to wait for it to get to the UK. At least I got the first two score books (or whatever they're called) yesterday - lots of early live photos...

Toptube
MANATSU NO DANCE HALL

16 Oct 2012, 05:31 #12

timbo @ Oct 11 2012, 05:29 PM wrote: I ordered the DVD version (why would I want the CD part of it?) from YesAsia. Have to wait for the rest of the order to be filled before they send it out to me, then have a week or two to wait for it to get to the UK. At least I got the first two score books (or whatever they're called) yesterday - lots of early live photos...
a bit off topic but:

HEY! I have the Ryuuzetsuran and 569 scorebooks! I'd like to get the go!GO!GO!go! scorebook, if it exists.

timbo
DOTANBA DE CANCEL

16 Oct 2012, 12:56 #13

ISBN 9784401355433 - it's on Amazon Japan, cdjapan (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.htm ... OBK-868988) and no doubt others.
OOOO - cdjapan also have the sheet music for the acoustic live album (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.htm ... OBK-868988) ISBN 9784401355754, as well as that for Antenna, Tategami and Dasoku Hokou.

I'd settle for some lives on DVD (2003-04-17 Shibuya-Ax for one)...

Toptube
MANATSU NO DANCE HALL

19 Oct 2016, 13:39 #14

timbo @ Oct 16 2012, 12:56 PM wrote: ISBN 9784401355433 - it's on Amazon Japan, cdjapan (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.htm ... OBK-868988) and no doubt others.
OOOO - cdjapan also have the sheet music for the acoustic live album (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.htm ... OBK-868988) ISBN 9784401355754, as well as that for Antenna, Tategami and Dasoku Hokou.

I'd settle for some lives on DVD (2003-04-17 Shibuya-Ax for one)...
Yeah, I own the sheet music books for Ryuuzetsuran and 569. They are really nice!