The Official Meta Server Status Page

Chat about techy Gccg related stuff here. Server status, new servers, new patches, all that kind of stuff goes here.

The Official Meta Server Status Page

CY
Advanced Member
CY
Advanced Member

15 Jan 2007, 03:51 #1

Hello gccgers,
I decided it'd be a good idea to have an official thread for if the meta server is up. So, if you have not editted your Mtg.bat this the thread for you to see if the server is there or not. The latest post on this thread should always be the latest known status of the server. I will try to check at least once every couple days, but if other members feel like posting the status in this thread too that would be great. Theoritically the more people that post on here the better an eye we have on it, so, yeah.

So, here's the format that the information should be posted in (by me, at least). This is the bare minimum information. Other users that post server status should feel free to add onto this information as they see fit.

Date: Day, Month (Spelt out, ie, "January" not "01"), Year
Server Status: Online

Take note, like I mentioned above, this applies to using an UN-editted MTG.bat file to connect to gccg. The default server is gln.amacid.com and the default port is 29100. You should not have to mess with anything to get your MTG.bat file to go to this server.

neric
Advanced Member
neric
Advanced Member

15 Jan 2007, 07:03 #2

I suppose this is a local bug, but I can't run gccg anymore. The stdout logfile ends with :

Code: Select all

Loading ./xml/Mtg/P2.xml
Loading ./xml/Mtg/P3.xml
Loading ./xml/Mtg/sk.xml
Loading ./xml/Mtg/9th.xml
Loading ./xml/Mtg/ra.xml
Loading ./xml/Mtg/gp.xml
Loading ./xml/Mtg/di.xml
Loading ./xml/Mtg/cs.xml
Loading ./xml/Mtg/ts.xml
Loading ./scripts/client.triggers
Calling "init" ""
Initializing graphics driver: resolution 1024x768
Graphics initialized: physical resolution 1024x768
Calling "init" "client"
Calling "init" "game"

Code caused exception:
{randomize();timer=(,);timer_minute=(,);book_refresh=(,);deck_name=(,);execute("common.include");game.data=game_data();mode_object=(,);mode_object{""}=(,);mode_object{"chat"}=(,);mode_object{"play"}=(,);mode_object{"watch"}=(,);card.design.width=(card.width*design.width)/screen.width;card.design.height=(card.height*design.height)/screen.height;obj=0;room.players=(,);room.tables=(,);product.images=(,);product.objects=(,);transfer.options=(,);options.game=(,);cardmap=(,);cardmap{"I"}=(,);cardmap{"....

LangErr exception at ReadLiteral: missing , in '

Stacktrace:
[ 0. ] load("book.index")
[ 1. ] SetBookIndex(("default","default"))
[ 2. ] Initialize(NULL)
Calling "exit" ""

Solved : I deleted c:\.gccg\Mtg\book.index and it worked again. :ph43r:

mofo
Advanced Member
mofo
Advanced Member

15 Jan 2007, 09:23 #3

CY @ Jan 15 2007, 03:51 AM wrote: So, here's the format I'ma do it in:

Date: 01/14/07
Time: 7:49pm (GMT -8)

i suggest something like this

Address: gln.amacid.com
Port: 29100
Date: 15 Jan 07
Time: 9:09pm (10:09 GMT +1 Italy)

i.e. add the server address and port.

i would change the date format cause in europe we usually use dd/mm/yy (and using the month name we cant be misunderstood)

it would be also good (imho) if anyone uses gmt 0 (followed by the local noticer's zone) else anyone must first convert to gmt 0 and then to his zone...

Magic for Linux/WindoZe/Mac OS: http://gccg.sourceforge.net/

CY
Advanced Member
CY
Advanced Member

17 Jan 2007, 05:52 #4

Mofo, your ideas sound great, and I suggest that you use them, and I will use some of them, however I will do some things differently.
My main reason for doing this is to have a simple and easy to read place to get a yes or no answer as to if the server is up using a non-editted MTG.bat file. This makes it easier for new players to not have to worry about putting in the new addresses or anything. So for mine I will most likely not be listing the server, and everyone should assume (as mentioned in my first post) that I am refering to the server that is achieved through using a non-editted MTG.bat file.
And I think putting the time was me being a little overreached. For the most part I think people probably only check here daily at best, so, the date should suffice. But, like I said, I encourage you to use your method as well.
I'll edit my first post with what I think should be the norm, but you (and anyone else) can post the server status in whatever means they choose as long as it includes the basic information listed in the first post.

CY
Advanced Member
CY
Advanced Member

17 Jan 2007, 05:58 #5

16 January 07
Server is Online

CY
Advanced Member
CY
Advanced Member

19 Jan 2007, 08:34 #6

January 19th, 2007
And I'm enjoying playing with all those online :)

neric
Advanced Member
neric
Advanced Member

29 Jan 2007, 19:49 #7

I've just had "connection failed".

Then I tried again. It worked...

CY
Advanced Member
CY
Advanced Member

02 Feb 2007, 20:36 #8

Sorry I haven't been keeping this up-to-date. My laptop died (or at least won't turn on) and I have no money to fix it, thusly I have no way of playing gccg at all. So, in time, I will hopefully get the thing fixed and be back up and playing, but until then, thanks to anyone who keeps track of the server status here.
Thanks,
-Cy

neric
Advanced Member
neric
Advanced Member

08 Feb 2007, 06:36 #9

i can't connect

adame
adame

08 Feb 2007, 10:59 #10

idem, can't connect