Russell tag- red pen

Russell tag- red pen

September 4th, 2005, 2:16 am #1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true

check out this item on ebay, i thought a red cross out meant a factory second?
it has been certified by Andruw Jones.

Joel Alpert
TRS Enterprises
email me at joel@alpert.net if you wish to get on our mailing lists
also email me if you are a sports bettor, I may have a great online/phone service for you!

September 4th, 2005, 2:36 am #2

Joel and other forum readers:

We had some great exchanges about jerseys with marked-through tags and cut tags (I miss those debates!). I believe that, in general, jerseys and pants with marked-through and/or cut tags are factory extras and rejects. With that said, I learned about some very interesting exceptions to this "rule" and I thank forum members for that (for example, I had a great dialogue off-forum with Mark Hayne, who sent me some scans of some fascinating football jerseys - thank you, Mark).

However, I want to respond to the Andruw Jones pants specifically. Joel, the fact that these pants come with an LOA and matching holograms from Authentic Sports Investments means absolutely nothing to me. The fact that the pants are autographed by Andruw (and I believe the autograph is 100% legitimate) means absolutely nothing to me, in terms of substantiating the pants as game worn. If these two factors fuel your confidence in the assertion that these pants were game worn by Andruw, I don't know what to tell you. As I said, I learned about some very interesting exceptions to the marked-through/cut tag rule ... but this ain't one of 'em. Is it possible that Andruw wore the pants? I guess it is possible. Still, if Andruw himself knocked on my door this moment and swore to me that he wore the pants, I still wouldn't believe it to be the case.

Joel, have a great weekend. Next year you have to commit yourself to being in the WSOP ... it would be great to see you on ESPN ... I'm addicted to that coverage!

Reid

If you would like to receive my list of game used baseball and basketball items, please email me at rgf2@hotmail.com.

September 4th, 2005, 3:02 am #3

Hard to believe that Andruw in 2002 wore a size 40 waist unless I am reading something wrong. We have seen size 36 in the past. 4 inches bigger? MLB has him listed at 210 pounds now. Doesn't make sense + the red pen thing.

September 5th, 2005, 9:33 am #4

Waist tag reads "40," but there is a "-3" flag tag as well. Strip tag reads "37" which would coincide with the minus 3 inches (unless if I'm reading the tag incorrectly). I've seen many pairs of pants that are minus in inches on the waist. But, the red marking of the Russell tag, along with the Jones hologram, does leave it open for debate.

September 6th, 2005, 6:12 am #5

The AJ hologram stickers are just there to state the autograph is authentic? The pants don't look worn at all, even if they are the right size after the alterations.

September 8th, 2005, 7:33 pm #6

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true

check out this item on ebay, i thought a red cross out meant a factory second?
it has been certified by Andruw Jones.

Joel Alpert
TRS Enterprises
email me at joel@alpert.net if you wish to get on our mailing lists
also email me if you are a sports bettor, I may have a great online/phone service for you!
i have personal had alt braves jerseys with the red mark on russell tags and the jerseys where 100%% and the player (mr greg maddux) when i showed him one of his jerseys with the red mark on it said the jersey was his and was good and real