Roethlisberger gamer???

Roethlisberger gamer???

November 2nd, 2005, 3:30 am #1

Grey Flannel Auction....Lot #238...Roethlisberger game worn jersey with "cuffed" sleeves??? I have NEVER seen him wear "cuffed" sleeves...anyone??

November 2nd, 2005, 2:05 pm #2

Never seen a cuffed sleeve on a Ben jersey before. Vintage Authentics has a black Ben jersey, without the cuffed sleeve.

November 2nd, 2005, 9:20 pm #3

I was searching this forum and came across this:

Hi, hof89...

I'm sorry to hear that your experience was not positive. Believe me, I've had my share of those!!! Don't even get me started.

As to Denny and Steelers equipment, are you by any chance talking about a 2004-05 Ben Roethlisberger Steelers jersey? I have talked extensively with Denny about many items and, based on my conversations with him, I have learned that the Steelers retained all of Ben's gamers from last season and that this was confirmed with the Steelers equipment manager. Denny told me that he was asked to review a couple Ben jerseys but that, based on what he learned from being in the Steelers locker room and talking with the Steelers equipment people, he could not authenticate them as he has been told that they retained all of Ben's jerseys. If you are talking about a different Steelers game used item, then I cannot comment as we did not talk about other specific Steelers items; but I do remember this about the Ben jerseys from my talks with Denny.

Reid"

Is it true that the Steelers kept all of Ben's jerseys from last year? Because I have seen a couple for auction, Greyflannel had one, one on Ebay, and now the one on Vintage's auction.

November 2nd, 2005, 10:43 pm #4

Denny Esken states that the Steelers kept all of Roethlisberger's jerseys??? Wouldn't all equipment managers say they keep all their jersey's since their under their supervision/responsibility?

November 3rd, 2005, 5:05 pm #5

hof89,

You may be right. I was just reporting what Denny had told me in order to provide the forum with more information.

Reid

If you would like to receive my list of game used baseball and basketball items, please email me at rgf2@hotmail.com.

November 4th, 2005, 5:32 pm #6

Hey everyone

Since people around here have had so much success recently finding good pics on getty images- how about a pic of Roethlisberger from his rookie year with the cuffed sleeves?

Thanks
Eric

November 4th, 2005, 5:42 pm #7

November 4th, 2005, 6:34 pm #8

I've looked for a cuff sleeve and it seems like when he wore something underneath the jersey (in cold weather games), it looks like he did wear a sort of a cuffed sleeve. From the pictures I've seen it's been hard to tell. In warm weather games (with out anything on his arms) it doesn't look cuffed.

Just what I have seen, unless people have seen diffent?

November 4th, 2005, 6:51 pm #9

Grey Flannel Auction....Lot #238...Roethlisberger game worn jersey with "cuffed" sleeves??? I have NEVER seen him wear "cuffed" sleeves...anyone??
What happened to the Big Ben jersey (lot 238) in the Grey Flannel auction? Now lot 238 is listed as a Jake Plummer jersey.

November 5th, 2005, 12:25 am #10

I can assume that it was "pulled" by Grey Flannel since the jersey had cuffed sleeves and Roethlisberger NEVER WORE CUFFED SLEEVES!!!!!

p.s...the GF Tom Brady jersey is also "off"...nameplate length is wrong...