Guess what you just "won."

Guess what you just "won."

November 15th, 2005, 1:39 am #1

Well, my friends...I can't tell the "winning" bidder here he just got hosed, as the "seller" has let me know he'll get me thrown off eBay if I keep contacting his victims...anybody else want to step up here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

4 5 8 20 22 33 42

November 17th, 2005, 1:46 am #2

you say someone got "hosed", well, what is wrong with the posting? the seller states it is a game / team issued jersey. is it wrong to sell a jersey that is game issued or team issued as a game issued or team issued jersey? can someone point out who the the buyer has been "hosed"?

November 17th, 2005, 1:48 am #3

not one time does the seller state it is a game used or worn jersey. not in the item description nor title. i have no interest in the jersey what so ever. i am just tired of seeing people so quick to bash sellers when in fact they have no basis.

November 17th, 2005, 1:53 am #4

you say someone got "hosed", well, what is wrong with the posting? the seller states it is a game / team issued jersey. is it wrong to sell a jersey that is game issued or team issued as a game issued or team issued jersey? can someone point out who the the buyer has been "hosed"?
Probably due to the fact it’s neither “Game Issued” nor “Team Issued”. More likely “Sporting Goods Store Issued”.

R. C. Walker

November 17th, 2005, 4:20 am #5

i used to work in a major league locker room as a locker room assistant. i can say with 100% confidence that there are instances where taging is not 100% consistant from opening day through the end of the season. there are many players from opening day until the last day that might have a jersey with different tagging that what was issued to start the season. this is true of the star players and common players. 99.9% of the so called "experts" on this forum and in the authentication business have never stepped foot in a major league locker room let along make jersey repairs and remove stains from jerseys or take part in any equipment ordering. this forum is a help to those that are not informed or as lucky as those who have connections on the inside. being involved in baseball one cannot help but collect various items. this site has been both informative and very amusing at the same time. i see 3 or 4 individuals on this site that claim to know almost everything there is know about game used equipment. i will agree they are very much on top of the hobby but do not know the true reality of what goes on with players and their game used equipment. my advice is always be careful, if it sounds to good to be true than it probably is, and really do your homework before you call someone out on a bad item.

November 17th, 2005, 5:44 am #6

This seller has at least changed his heading from "Game issued/game used" to the more accurate "game issued". Fair enough. As I've said I've contacted him and he states he has game issued jerseys,not game used. He now has changed his jerseys descriptions to this more accurate title and hopefully this problem is over.

November 18th, 2005, 2:49 am #7

Until somebody cuts off this guys access to team stock blanks, the cavalcade of fakes isn't going to stop. He's making serious bank off uninformed people. It's wrong, but as long as his payments don't bounce, eBay isn't going to do a thing about it.

4 5 8 20 22 33 42