Almost finished my Fug

MrMunster
Fuggin' Like Mad
MrMunster
Fuggin' Like Mad

September 1st, 2010, 2:11 pm #1

Apart from a bonnet (which is in hand) and respraying the body panels I've finished the re-build.... Yay :D

What do you think??

Still want do something about the wheels and there are a couple of bits I may change later but, for now tho, it'll do B)

Tigger
Fuggin' Crazy
Tigger
Fuggin' Crazy

September 2nd, 2010, 8:25 am #2

Looks great! :D

You have made a lovely job of the interior

what spec is the engine, I see the twin carbs....

MrMunster
Fuggin' Like Mad
MrMunster
Fuggin' Like Mad

September 2nd, 2010, 9:17 am #3

Thanks Tigger :D

Most of my effort did go into the interior (it was a real state) so I'm glad you like it! The outside should look better when all the panels go back on too.

Got to be honest..... Don't know the full spec of the engine as it worked when I got it and i work on the premise "if it ain't broke don't fix it". The lad I got it from reckoned it was very tuned and "had everything done to it" and been dyno tested at 120bhp, I think that's a bit hopeful myself but who knows. I can tell you that it is a '67 1600, does have an oil filter and cooler, alloy valve covers and the carbs are EMPI's equivalent to Weber IDF 40's. This is the first VW powered thing I've dealt with so to that end am a bit clueless :blink:

September 2nd, 2010, 3:18 pm #4

You must be very happy with the result now you are nearly finished and as tigger has already commented, the interior looks brilliant (must have taken an age!)

I am still rebuilding mine but hope to be finished for spring just not sure which year!!

Paul
Fuggin' chats like a robot
Paul

September 4th, 2010, 9:32 am #5

Looking very nice! Especially all the ali panelling.

Crossbones

September 7th, 2010, 10:57 pm #6

Awesome buddy, mopping up the drool here! :P
Quick question, what are the little steering column switches from? (if they are switches of course!)

Knighty
Knighty

September 9th, 2010, 6:40 pm #7

wicked - you have until the end of october till my MOT runs out......we should go out for a run ;)

Paul
Paul

September 10th, 2010, 5:08 pm #8

wrote:Quick question, what are the little steering column switches from? (if they are switches of course!)
If you mean the one on the side in photo 3 then I think it's a release for the removable steering wheel. I think MrMunster mentioned using one last time I saw him.

MrMunster
Fuggin' Like Mad
MrMunster
Fuggin' Like Mad

September 17th, 2010, 10:53 am #9

Spot on Paul, they are the release for the streering wheel ;)

Knighty......... I'm waiting patiently for the bonnet!!! It's out of my hands at the moment :(

MrMunster
Fuggin' Like Mad
MrMunster
Fuggin' Like Mad

November 11th, 2011, 8:10 pm #10

I'm very pleased to announce.......I have my bonnet :D

Some of you may remember that about three years ago I had a small fire at my flat in which I lost my bonnet.

If you don't this was my flat (the corner closest) during said fire....

And the morning after.....

Inside my flat.....

Well it took a while but with the help of gtmdriver, I have replaced my lost bonnet B)
In short gtmdriver was to going to make a new bonnet for his Fug and be able to make more, after a few conversations we struck a deal and a couple of weeks ago I got the message that bonnet had been made.

So on Thursday morning, I drove the 250 miles up north to collect my bonnet, then drove home again with this in the back.....

Naturally I had to pop it on car

And the 'lil one had to have a go

All I need to do now is trim, fit and paint/wrap it!!

All in all, I'm very happy to once again have a bonnet. BIG thanks to gtmdriver for making it for me and I now hope to get it to next years kit car show!