Mariah Returns to Vegas this summer: “The Butterfly Returns”

All discussions related to Mariah Carey.

Mariah Returns to Vegas this summer: “The Butterfly Returns”

April 30th, 2018, 11:11 am #1

Our iconic chanteuse, Mariah Carey, just announced her new headlining residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, aptly named, The Butterfly Returns! This new show will spotlight a more intimate performance on The Colosseum's stage, showcasing Mariah's world famous vocals as she performs selections from her extensive catalogue of music. Fans can enjoy these live shows in July, August and September.

JULY
5, 7, 8, 10, 14, 15

AUGUST

SEPTEMBER
1, 2, 5, 9, 10

April 30th, 2018, 11:18 am #2

*Yawn* so no album this year?

Summer 2018: Vegas
October - November: Asian Tour
December: Beacon?
[center][img]https://s17.postimg.org/4lvc5gpn3/emc02.jpg[/img]
[/center]

April 30th, 2018, 11:21 am #3

Don't necessarily think the vegas shows would affect the music that much. I mean she is stationary so there's no reason she couldn't be working on the music at the same time.

Or she might spend the next few months in the studio and then be more or less ready to go by then. I'm not optimistic given her track record lol
Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

April 30th, 2018, 11:30 am #4

This is obviously wishful thinking but an all acoustic set with half the set list being fan fav album cuts would be amazing. 

April 30th, 2018, 11:32 am #5

It’s only 12 dates. I don’t think it would affect album production
/single release either. She’d still have time to do promo. The industry has really changed a lot since she last had a heavily marketed album release. She’ll likely do a few performances on the major platforms, maybe an interview of some sort but nothing that would completely fill her schedule the way it used to. In fact, having only 1 date in August could be indicative that she has *other* things planned that month. We shall see (and hope and pray)!

April 30th, 2018, 11:49 am #6

Plenty of room for an album release when she finishes in July. I think the tour will now be based around the new album and work it's way back to the US in full swing early in the New Year.

So there's a 6 week gap from July 15 to the end of August. Interesting!

April 30th, 2018, 11:56 am #7

Good they had her back as there was some speculation that Mariah was downsizing to that other Vegas venue due to poor Palace sales. Obviously they were pleased enough to welcome Mariah back which is good. I'm surprised to see her return to this as I was never quite sure how she really felt about Vegas but clearly she feels comfortable enough for another go around.

Obviously, I'd prefer this doesn't derail a new album this year though. 

April 30th, 2018, 12:01 pm #8

I think some are way overestimating her ability to juggle a full blown Album release, a 12 date residency (more will probably be added as is always the case), an international tour, and Christmas shows in a 6 month time span. Even when she was in her 20s that would have all been too much. She’s nearing 50 and has 2 kids. There’s no way she’s releasing an album this year! One single/buzz song maybe. I’ll happy eat my words if I’m wrong.

April 30th, 2018, 12:13 pm #9

Yeah given her track record, I’m now skeptical about an album release this year. I do think it’s possible but I just think it depends on how far along she is with the album by now and how much she has left to do by June when she’ll prob start rehearsing for the Vegas residency. I mean she could release an album in August but that’s her only period of time free between July and Christmas so it’s a slim possibility. But I’ll happily eat my words too.

April 30th, 2018, 12:24 pm #10

Interesting they are closing the HBF forums as part of works updating Mariahcarey.com for a new era.