May 15th, 2018, 5:57 pm #121

I think her tone is actually the best part of her voice. What I hate is the paperthin belting. When she’s singing the verses of Into You, I think she sounds great. Her enunciation is terrible.

But I agree, she has no presence or personality. And just personally, I find her so sickly thin, the overdone pony tail etc. it’s not a good look.

May 15th, 2018, 8:35 pm #122

I see Ariana as someone who is clearly under the heavy thumb of her management and has yet to garner the amount of success that would afford her any creative control or say in her artistic direction.  Despite the provocative imagery, there is still an effort to appeal to her younger fanbase. 

She is this tiny, doll-like figure with a rainbow splashed across her face and the kind of pretty, but processed voice that sounds like you just pushed a lit-up button on her back.  She looks like a Sailor Moon character (but could only DREAM of going that hard 😝)...A 10-year old's dream. That gives her an edge on social media and streaming, but it's only going to take her so far musically. I don't know if this album is going to be the break-out moment she needs. 

I could potentially get into her, but she's going to have to grow up. #grownandsexyoverhere

May 15th, 2018, 8:44 pm #123

I think Ariana's image has a lot of appeal to pedophiles. She looks like a 12-14 years old teenager singing about sex and showing off her body
<p> </p>

May 15th, 2018, 9:05 pm #124

She and Selena Gomez have that in common. She looks pre-teen as well but hypersexualised. It's uncomfortable to watch. At least when Mariah went sexy she was all woman.
Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

May 15th, 2018, 9:29 pm #125

They might want to tone down that child star angle; it's very difficult for most of them to fully transition into adult acts and it rarely ends well. I can't even imagine what a mature Ariana Grande would be like, and she probably can't either.  To her credit, she does seem like a fairly kind and harmless person, so maybe she won't end up swinging on the wrecking ball. 

May 16th, 2018, 6:37 am #126

Her image now is better than it was before. Not just donut-gate, but there was a point where there were reports of her doing diva stuff like having her staff approach fans and forcing them to delete their pictures off their phone of them together because she didn't like the angle, fueds with former co-stars, being snappy with photographers etc.

But you never know they are still young and people just sometimes grow up. Like Beyonce was vile during her DC days, but now she comes across has she grown out of it or just better at hiding it, we'll probably never know.

May 16th, 2018, 12:05 pm #127

Aside from her comments toward the ex-members at the time, how was Beyoncé "vile" during the DC days? It's just not true. I had meet and greets with her in 2001, 2004, and 2005, and went to several other events. She went out of her way to make conversation, shake hands, hug, and was an overall sweetheart to me and all other fans present each time. I have many friends who have spent way more time with her during the DC days and beyond, and they have nothing but positive stories about her. Beyoncé never behaved with an ego like Christina or Ariana. She shaded LeToya and LaTavia, and she and Kelly (who I'm sure y'all won't say was vile) would deservedly drag interviewers who tried to shade them for member changes, or shade Michelle by calling her the wrong name, etc. But they deserved it. And really, it's awful pot/kettle for Mariah fans to criticize Beyoncé for being shady at age 19-21. 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.
http://EST1997.com
http://twitter.com/VincentDahhling

May 16th, 2018, 12:23 pm #128

Vincent wrote:  And really, it's awful pot/kettle for Mariah fans to criticize Beyoncé for being shady at age 19-21. 
Absolutely.

The number of excuses I've seen on here why its okay for Mariah to be shady towards young artists who have done nothing but the cardinal sin of sounding like her or having others note similarities. You can bet your ass though that when another artist shows any kind of bad behaviour (particularly those on the FOMM Hate List), there is zero mercy.  

May 16th, 2018, 12:39 pm #129

I think there are fans on this board who have equally acknowledged when Mariah has been too much of a diva. She receives her share of criticism. But of course every fan is going to have more empathy for their fave. The beehive, who worships Beyonce like a diety, isn’t exempt from the hypocrisy. Neither is any other fanbase.

May 16th, 2018, 2:04 pm #130

I got bored about 2 lines in and stopped reading, but I can assume it's the usual response. I don't think it's a reach from what I've seen to assume that Beyonce was a brat when she was younger, until she became an established solo artist.  

But since it's apparently come up, I don't think I've denied Mariah can be unnecessarily shady to people who "imitate" her too closely. I believe I've even said she should be more humble and take it as a compliment for the sake of her image, even if the lack of originality from these new girls is irritating to her personally. It makes her come across as bitter. 

Bizarre that Beyonce is supposedly untouchable where Mariah is not, on a Mariah board.