How can we get more Lambs back on the Board ?

All discussions related to Mariah Carey.

How can we get more Lambs back on the Board ?

Gawain of Suffolk
Joined: 07 Mar 2004, 00:41

11 Oct 2017, 19:48 #1

I feel like the board has been pretty slow lately! It seems a lot of Lambs have left or just aren't visiting anymore :/ I love coming here to talk about and support Mariah, this has always been the #1 place to go and I think we should help make that possible again. Maybe the Mods can be more active on updating the Boards Twitter and Facebook accounts useing hashtags and we can help by asking the Lambs to come back on social media using the hastags #Lambs #Lambily and #MariahCarey. I know this post is kinda out there but again I'd help in getting this place to be the #1 place to come to talk about Mariah as it use to be. 

Anyone else have any ideas ?

Reply

hontasy
Joined: 21 Oct 2000, 02:23

12 Oct 2017, 07:43 #2

Like you have said having an active social media presence would work but that would result in people following those accounts instead of the board. It all depends on Mariah actually. If she still released albums there would definitely be more people here. I think casual fans, not die hard ones like us, have moved on as they got older as for them there isn't much to talk about anymore.
Reply

ShayneFly
Joined: 12 Mar 2001, 22:51

12 Oct 2017, 08:52 #3

Well, we had some extra visitors today...they didn't last long.
Reply

Martin
Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 15:17

12 Oct 2017, 14:17 #4

I think the whole "stems mania" is bringing some new faces to the board. And I keep saying how surprised I am about how active that "Entrevistando MC" brazilian group is on facebook...but I guess Mariah is still very popular in Brazil, unlike in the US and rest of the world.
Reply

Mariah10Carey88
Joined: 13 Dec 2007, 01:03

12 Oct 2017, 14:59 #5

There are many reasons why the board isn’t as active:

* Mariahs fans are aging, many in their 30s and 40s, and don’t have the time to contribute to the board.

* Many Mariah fans are chart obsessed and since she hasn’t had a top 10 in 8 years and a #1 in almost 10 years, they have nothing to talk about.

* Social Media: fans can get their mariah info from Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. There are a ton of Mariah groups in FB that are active. We could try advertsing on them as well as UXMIX and in the comments of the many mariah YouTube channels.

* Board bullies have turned off a lot of people from posting

* Mariah herself has alienated fans over the years with various show cancelations, being late, being a diva, releasing crap songs, giving bad performances, etc. she also is not nearly as active as she used to be.
Reply

bigj405
Joined: 08 Jun 2005, 06:19

14 Oct 2017, 14:43 #6

Mariah10Carey88 wrote: There are many reasons why the board isn’t as active:

* Mariahs fans are aging, many in their 30s and 40s, and don’t have the time to contribute to the board.

* Many Mariah fans are chart obsessed and since she hasn’t had a top 10 in 8 years and a #1 in almost 10 years, they have nothing to talk about.

* Social Media: fans can get their mariah info from Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. There are a ton of Mariah groups in FB that are active. We could try advertsing on them as well as UXMIX and in the comments of the many mariah YouTube channels.

* Board bullies have turned off a lot of people from posting

* Mariah herself has alienated fans over the years with various show cancelations, being late, being a diva, releasing crap songs, giving bad performances, etc. she also is not nearly as active as she used to be.
* Board bullies admins have turned off a lot of people from posting
Reply

mcfan
Joined: 16 Jul 2008, 13:32

14 Oct 2017, 15:09 #7

Board bullies? 

@Mariah10Carey88 basically called us all old, washed up and Mariah a flop. A bully if I've seen one. 
Reply

ShayneFly
Joined: 12 Mar 2001, 22:51

14 Oct 2017, 19:58 #8

Gawain of Suffolk wrote: I feel like the board has been pretty slow lately! It seems a lot of Lambs have left or just aren't visiting anymore :/ I love coming here to talk about and support Mariah, this has always been the #1 place to go and I think we should help make that possible again. Maybe the Mods can be more active on updating the Boards Twitter and Facebook accounts useing hashtags and we can help by asking the Lambs to come back on social media using the hastags #Lambs #Lambily and #MariahCarey. I know this post is kinda out there but again I'd help in getting this place to be the #1 place to come to talk about Mariah as it use to be. 

Anyone else have any ideas ?
We actually don't have any official social media account so, whatever is out there is not actually FOMM.
Reply

Mariah10Carey88
Joined: 13 Dec 2007, 01:03

14 Oct 2017, 20:11 #9

mcfan wrote: Board bullies? 

@Mariah10Carey88 basically called us all old, washed up and Mariah a flop. A bully if I've seen one. 
no they’re actually facts. We are all oldER and Mariah hasn’t had consistent commercial success in nearly a decade. I’m sure both played a role in the board slowing down. But it’s cute that you had to reply specifically to the bully line since I didn’t mention anyone by name, but subconsciously you must know that it’s you who is one of them. 🙄

Anyway, we should definitely advertise on Facebook. There are so many mariah groups from all over the world.
Reply

mcfan
Joined: 16 Jul 2008, 13:32

14 Oct 2017, 20:55 #10

LMAO @ me being a bully. Let's make a poll!! 
Reply