November 14th, 2017, 2:18 am #1131

jamiclever wrote: Rosie O'Donnell was on WWHL this week and said she knew Whitney and Robyn were a couple -- she said they had mutual friends in the WNBA and it was basically known among them. 

Really sad, and I'm willing to bet it was a major factor in her substance abuse -- keeping a secret like that is poisonous. I wonder if she would have eventually come out if she were still alive today. 

(and, totally irrelevant, but I wonder if Mariah knew)
Doubtful.  Not while her mother was still alive, at least.  Cissy's response to Whitney being a lesbian was nope, not, never.  

November 14th, 2017, 3:31 am #1132

I don't like how she sounds here. 
They should have included this one. Surely they could have cleaned it up a bit. She sounds so much better imo.

November 14th, 2017, 3:44 pm #1133

Fans are trying to figure out why they included IHN from '96 when everything else is from TBG but anyway the rest of the tracklisting is perfect so... and I'm her biggest fan and still trying to figure out what hair style that was 😬

November 14th, 2017, 5:33 pm #1134

Ginger1 wrote:
jamiclever wrote: Rosie O'Donnell was on WWHL this week and said she knew Whitney and Robyn were a couple -- she said they had mutual friends in the WNBA and it was basically known among them. 

Really sad, and I'm willing to bet it was a major factor in her substance abuse -- keeping a secret like that is poisonous. I wonder if she would have eventually come out if she were still alive today. 

(and, totally irrelevant, but I wonder if Mariah knew)
Doubtful.  Not while her mother was still alive, at least.  Cissy's response to Whitney being a lesbian was nope, not, never.  
In one of the interview clips from the documentary Cissy answered "I don't know" when asked if they were in a relationship. Which is basically her saying "Yes" without outright saying it.

November 14th, 2017, 8:30 pm #1135

^Awful. I bet Cissy lives with that guilt. 

January 8th, 2018, 6:03 pm #1136

I revisited I'm Your Baby Tonight as I couldn't remember anything off it except the two #1s. Like most Whitney albums there is real filler, but "Lover For Life" is a nice gem. Love it. I know "I Belong To You" was an R&B hit, but I don't think I'd heard it. Also, that chorus straight steals the melody of "Just Be Good To Me" (I say 'steals' because I don't see a credit).

January 9th, 2018, 12:48 am #1137

I Belong to You is great. The chorus kind of sounds like something Mariah would've done at the time.

I was listening to MLIYL the other day and it's still a really good album. For the first time for Whitney it wasn't just great singles with lots of filler, the album tracks are really good too. I really like I Bow Out. Even the cheesy AC ballads are better than her usual 'cheesy ballad filler'.

January 9th, 2018, 9:57 am #1138

I hadn't heard I Belong To You before! It's a jam! Definitely, hear the JBGTM comparisons.
Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

January 9th, 2018, 12:30 pm #1139

I Belong To You and For The Love Of You are two of my favorite Whitney non-singles.

January 10th, 2018, 2:01 pm #1140

MisplacedValidity wrote: I revisited I'm Your Baby Tonight as I couldn't remember anything off it except the two #1s. Like most Whitney albums there is real filler, but "Lover For Life" is a nice gem. Love it. I know "I Belong To You" was an R&B hit, but I don't think I'd heard it. Also, that chorus straight steals the melody of "Just Be Good To Me" (I say 'steals' because I don't see a credit).
''Lover for Life'' is so much better live, like it's a completely different song.