Real Housewives

Spread your wings! Discuss Life, TV, movies etc.

13 Feb 2018, 11:18 #9711

BeyondIdolization wrote:  Everyone else seem tired, annoyed and just over it.

Most of the cast seem mega exhausted. People keep pointing out something is "off" and honestly, I think this is it. Kandi, Nene, Kenya and Sheree don't seem excited or invested in filming. Barring Kandi, they're also suspiciously absent from episodes and it seems the heavy lifting has totally fallen to the supporting cast of Kim, Marlo, Eva and Shamea to bring the energy the more we go along.

In all honesty, I won't be surprised if Bravo are test bedding several of these ladies to promote next season. 

This season feels like a warm up for a few of them to prove their value and take a peach. 

13 Feb 2018, 11:20 #9712

jamiclever wrote: I can't even believe I'm saying this but Porsha is the only one of the cast I like at the moment. 
Her meeting with Joyce was hysterical. The look of cautious panic in her eyes (who can blame Porsha? lol) during the whole lunch was so funny.

13 Feb 2018, 16:28 #9713

carlos b fly wrote:

Most of the cast seem mega exhausted. People keep pointing out something is "off" and honestly, I think this is it. Kandi, Nene, Kenya and Sheree don't seem excited or invested in filming. Barring Kandi, they're also suspiciously absent from episodes and it seems the heavy lifting has totally fallen to the supporting cast of Kim, Marlo, Eva and Shamea to bring the energy the more we go along.

In all honesty, I won't be surprised if Bravo are test bedding several of these ladies to promote next season. 

This season feels like a warm up for a few of them to prove their value and take a peach. 
Yeah we'll see how Eva manages in Barcelona. The standard is so low that she doesn't have to stir up much drama to probably be offered a peach next season. Kim's lazy ass can forget it if she's going to do nothing but turn up drunk in a couple of scenes during the whole series. 

Porsha's desperation is almost sad at this point. They're really keen to get her back on good terms with Kandi to be roping in Mama Joyce. I don't think she deserves it but I can see Kandi forgiving her if Mama Joyce says she should. She puts a lot of weight in her mother's opinion, most of the time to a fault.

Kenya doing the most with her "inconclusive" pregnancy to draw out a storyline.
Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

13 Feb 2018, 21:34 #9714

Eva is gorgeous and was a firecracker on America's Next Top Model, plus she's a celebrity in her own right especially in the black community. If she wants a peach next season they'll give it to her for sure.

13 Feb 2018, 23:12 #9715

BeyondIdolization wrote: OC Lydia has been fired (claims she quit, of course). So glad they appear to be listening to the fans! Now we just need Peggy confirmed too, and we can have a good show again.
Lol Peggy is out too, per bravotv.com. Normally three cast members fired in one season would be shocking, but these three were so irrelevant that it won't make any difference. It'll be interesting though to see how many women they'll add considering they only have four right now.

BRING BACK GRETCHEN ROSSI!!

14 Feb 2018, 06:43 #9716

Couple of replies to past comments-

Kim didn't go on the trip bc that coincided with the week she and kroy did promo for "Don't Be Tardy" before it started airing that Friday. I don't think Kim has brought much this season, but I certainly don't think she'd ever say on camera she had to do promo for another Bravo show so she can't go. It's quite clear to me because it was at the exact same time the roach stories came out and the story that Porscha had to leave the trip when Kim was on the press junket.

I can't imagine Eva not getting a peach, but Porscha is not going anywhere. She's had the most screentime this season I swear. It's almost been Porscha & friends really. She may be dumb as rocks, but it's also why Ramona and Sonja have stayed where they are. People do like them all. If they got rid of Porscha this season, there would have been no storylines except for Cynthia dating. Or Kenya's marriage that no one saw.

OC is obviously filming with these ladies coming out. From what I've seen over the years, they start filming quite close after the new year, so it makes sense. I was really hoping Gretchen would be back but now with Lydia gone and Vicki, Tamra and Shannon getting along, it kinda seems like a long shot.

14 Feb 2018, 13:40 #9717

Kevon wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

Porsha's desperation is almost sad at this point. They're really keen to get her back on good terms with Kandi to be roping in Mama Joyce. I don't think she deserves it but I can see Kandi forgiving her if Mama Joyce says she should. She puts a lot of weight in her mother's opinion, most of the time to a fault.

You can just see Porsha being wheeled around to try and keep her relevant, but its painful and reeking of producer desperation. She's floating around in the background like a friend of at this point with no storyline (and no, bringing in her sister / family to film with because no one else will film with her isn't a storyline). If she hasn't broken through with the cast by seasons end, this just can't continue. 

I actually feel really uncomfortable for her at group events, she's so disconnected and out of place. 

14 Feb 2018, 14:34 #9718

Yeah, they are obviously gunning for her to integrate back into the group, and I can get why because she can be quite funny when she's on good form. But she really burned her bridges with what she did and I am not liking how she so freely is making Phaedra take all the blame now that she's off camera and not able to defend herself. "Oh I had no idea, I just trusted her and took it as gospel because I'm so loyal" is a piss poor excuse. Anyone, even someone who is not particularly bright, like Porsha, would take a pause before they would throw an accusation like that out in the open.

14 Feb 2018, 14:35 #9719

I'm a few episodes into S5 of NJ. I'm actually disgusted how much Teresa and Melissa/Joe are willing to put their kids in the middle of their feud right now. With the letter writing and then Teresa asking Gia on camera (not the first time) right before her birthday party if her uncle is coming, knowing fine well he isn't. Even her 12 year old daughter was sick of it and mortified by it. Gross.

14 Feb 2018, 15:41 #9720

Kevon wrote: I am not liking how she so freely is making Phaedra take all the blame now that she's off camera and not able to defend herself. "Oh I had no idea, I just trusted her and took it as gospel because I'm so loyal" is a piss poor excuse. Anyone, even someone who is not particularly bright, like Porsha, would take a pause before they would throw an accusation like that out in the open.
I dont know what to say on that. Porsha is thick as shit and Phaedra was very smart. I know some actually think Porsha threw Phaedra under the bus in a planned way at that reunion (basically what Nene thinks) when she caught wind how badly the tide had turned on Frick and Frack. I will say though, there hasn't been an awful lot of "I shouldn't have believed it, I know Kandi and know she wouldn't do that" from Porsha. 

Instead, "I blindly believed something about someone I knew well myself and quite gleefully stunk it up cuz as I'm so loyal"....

Yeah, it is shit. I still put the most blame at Phaedra and at least Porsha has since apologised (in that usual never take responsibility way) to Kandi.