Real Housewives

Spread your wings! Discuss Life, TV, movies etc.

February 10th, 2018, 7:56 am #9701

OC Lydia has been fired (claims she quit, of course). So glad they appear to be listening to the fans! Now we just need Peggy confirmed too, and we can have a good show again.

February 10th, 2018, 9:51 am #9702

Finally watched this week's BH. God, Kyle is insufferable. She's self-absorbed and a terrible listener, yet she demands people open up to her?

I think LVP explained well why she was upset- they were late, they brushed her story aside, and finally Kyle fake cried and accused her of plotting with Dorit (which is Kyle's go-to accusation, which must be getting really old to LVP at this point). But since LVP's explanation didn't fit Kyle's narrative she just dismissed it. Being friends with Kyle must be so exhausting.

February 11th, 2018, 7:27 am #9703

BeyondIdolization wrote: Finally watched this week's BH. God, Kyle is insufferable. She's self-absorbed and a terrible listener, yet she demands people open up to her?

I think LVP explained well why she was upset- they were late, they brushed her story aside, and finally Kyle fake cried and accused her of plotting with Dorit (which is Kyle's go-to accusation, which must be getting really old to LVP at this point). But since LVP's explanation didn't fit Kyle's narrative she just dismissed it. Being friends with Kyle must be so exhausting.
I agree. But this whole bit about lateness is coming out of nowhere this season to ramp up drama. It's obviously producers. Honestly, Kyle has said in her confessionals multiple times now that LA traffic...you have to give 15 minutes. I feel like she did that now to save face with her being late with LVP. Dorit is self absorbed as well. I would've loved to see LVP say to Teddi that she believes Dorit left her there for an hour in front of Dorit. It would have been priceless and caused more stupid drama.

I'm just surprised that lateness is a thing this season and causing the most drama. But at the same, isn't that the point of the show? Silly rifts?  BH did end up having serious social issues which production and cast did not expect, I believe.

No other franchise has dealt with domestic abuse, suicide, alcoholism, rehab like BH has. NJ had Teresa going to jail, but I can't really think of how any other franchise has dealt with issues like this.

I might be wrong. I dunno. But BH has been the darkest franchise. Since Taylor left, it was less dark, but Kim was still there. Due to the darkness, I think that's why it never reached the heights in ratings of Atlanta or Jersey. It got too heavy.

February 12th, 2018, 2:49 pm #9704

ATL: A pretty good episode. Drunk Marlo was hilarious at the dinner, they need to give her a peach already.

The tea on Kenya not going on the trip was that production banned her because she kept refusing to film scenes with her "husband", according to TMZ. That makes more sense because Kenya would never voluntarily miss camera time and the pay check (apparently the housewives are paid per episode they appear in).

I don't know what Kim's deal is but production need to put their foot down with her. If she refuses to go on trips, she's off the show. Period. She and Kroy the Uber driver are so creepy and codependent. Neither one has any contact with their families anymore either, it's like they've become the same person.

February 12th, 2018, 3:34 pm #9705

Melbourne was a pretty tame episode. Even Gina and Sally seemed to coexist at the birthday party. Janet the snake tried it by confronting Gina about the "accusations", which Gina quite openly admitted they were just speculating.

They're really going in on the Gina villain edit this season. They seem to be fans of taking stuff she says and the cutting to her saying whatever it is they're talking about or contradicting themselves.

Gambles nosejob comment was hilarious, and the tears it caused ridiculous. And if Venus expects anyone to genuinely believe that she has not had a job, she needs a reality check, stat.
Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

February 12th, 2018, 3:43 pm #9706

Definitely a villain edit for Gina, but I'm not seeing how her behavior is any different from the other women's. They all gossip and say mean things but somehow it's much worse when Gina does it. Sally has also made some snide comments, especially against Venus, so she can STFU too, especially about the 'bully' nonsense. No one's being bullied- Gamble can dish it out just as well as Gina, no need to play savior to 'poor Gamble' here.

February 12th, 2018, 11:32 pm #9707

I can't even believe I'm saying this but Porsha is the only one of the cast I like at the moment. She is shining pretty much all on her own on an otherwise dull and awkward season.

I don't know what is going on with Kim but she's sucked -- I usually find her hilarious (and still do on her own show) but she's mostly been unbearable this season of Atl. 

Marlo was hilarious drunk and I guess it's time she gets a peach? She can have Kenya's, who is clearly on the exit ramp. She'll be back in 2 years when she gets divorced though.

February 12th, 2018, 11:57 pm #9708

I will say Porsha and Marlo are the only ones who have a lightness to them. Everyone else seem tired, annoyed and just over it.

On the other hand, the girls got along great and had fun at Porsha's dinner, when Nene and Kenya weren't around...coincidence? Probably not.

February 13th, 2018, 11:12 am #9709

dwhite725 wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote: Finally watched this week's BH. God, Kyle is insufferable. She's self-absorbed and a terrible listener, yet she demands people open up to her?

I agree. But this whole bit about lateness is coming out of nowhere this season to ramp up drama. It's obviously producers. Honestly, Kyle has said in her confessionals multiple times now that LA traffic...you have to give 15 minutes. I feel like she did that now to save face with her being late with LVP. Dorit is self absorbed as well. I would've loved to see LVP say to Teddi that she believes Dorit left her there for an hour in front of Dorit. It would have been priceless and caused more stupid drama.

I'm just surprised that lateness is a thing this season and causing the most drama. But at the same, isn't that the point of the show? Silly rifts?  BH did end up having serious social issues which production and cast did not expect, I believe.

No other franchise has dealt with domestic abuse, suicide, alcoholism, rehab like BH has. NJ had Teresa going to jail, but I can't really think of how any other franchise has dealt with issues like this.

I might be wrong. I dunno. But BH has been the darkest franchise. Since Taylor left, it was less dark, but Kim was still there. Due to the darkness, I think that's why it never reached the heights in ratings of Atlanta or Jersey. It got too heavy.

I agree with all this, really well put. RHOBH really appealed to me because it really touched on dark and heavy subjects. It used to actually have some meat on it. I mean, LA can be a God awful city - either filled with soulless excess or dark addictions. BH really did a job of focusing on both but now its totally fallen into nothing but glamour lifestyle naval glazing. 

As you say, the drama now is petty and silly. We're really making a plot line about Dorit being late and Teddi milking it?

It's all such a downgrade to me. 

February 13th, 2018, 11:14 am #9710

jamiclever wrote:

I don't know what is going on with Kim but she's sucked -- I usually find her hilarious (and still do on her own show) but she's mostly been unbearable this season of Atl. 

Marlo was hilarious drunk and I guess it's time she gets a peach? She can have Kenya's, who is clearly on the exit ramp. She'll be back in 2 years when she gets divorced though.
I always liked Kim but I'm not enjoying her return at all. Hopefully her much hyped and expensive return will be done by seasons end. Agreed about Kenya - this season feels like she's slowly shunting herself / being shunted off the screen.