SE4 After a little clean up

Let's see your steam videos.

Moderators: Mamod Collector, joiner, Spokesmann

SE4 After a little clean up

Alex-G
Minor 1 - beginner
Alex-G
Minor 1 - beginner
Joined: November 21st, 2013, 8:45 pm

December 16th, 2017, 10:58 pm #1

Newly acquired SE4 on its first run after a little clean and oil.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply
Like
Share

Spokesmann
Administrator
Administrator
Joined: June 7th, 2007, 11:39 pm

December 17th, 2017, 6:31 am #2

Thats gorgeous Alex. Lovely to see. Do you not have the lamp? I really must run one of mine again.
Reply
Like
Share

Alex-G
Minor 1 - beginner
Alex-G
Minor 1 - beginner
Joined: November 21st, 2013, 8:45 pm

December 17th, 2017, 9:22 am #3

Spokesmann wrote:Thats gorgeous Alex. Lovely to see. Do you not have the lamp? I really must run one of mine again.
Thank you, I have the burner yes but it has no wicks at the moment haha. I’ve admired yours for a while :)




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply
Like
Share

Spokesmann
Administrator
Administrator
Joined: June 7th, 2007, 11:39 pm

December 17th, 2017, 9:33 am #4

Thats a very nice set up. Hobbies colourway puts this c1938/9.
Reply
Like
Share


Alex-G
Minor 1 - beginner
Alex-G
Minor 1 - beginner
Joined: November 21st, 2013, 8:45 pm

December 17th, 2017, 10:15 am #6

Spokesmann wrote:Must run mine, maybe over Christmas...





Do they run the accessories well? I’m yet to find any brass flywheel or flatbased ones, they do look well :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply
Like
Share

Alex-G
Minor 1 - beginner
Alex-G
Minor 1 - beginner
Joined: November 21st, 2013, 8:45 pm

December 17th, 2017, 10:16 am #7

Spokesmann wrote:Thats a very nice set up. Hobbies colourway puts this c1938/9.
60 years older than me! Haha.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply
Like
Share

Spokesmann
Administrator
Administrator
Joined: June 7th, 2007, 11:39 pm

December 17th, 2017, 12:15 pm #8

The SE4 run a lineshaft and 7 workshop tools with ease.
Reply
Like
Share

Mamod Collector
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: June 12th, 2007, 5:12 pm

December 18th, 2017, 5:37 pm #9

Nice to see another design of the label in blue, both of mine have the white label.
Hobbies_SE4_with_Box.jpg Hobbies_SE3_plus_box.jpg
Mike ™
Reply
Like
Share


MamodSteam
SE1 - Steam enthusiast 1 star
Joined: February 25th, 2016, 11:28 am

December 25th, 2017, 10:31 am #11

Hi Alex that's a very nice SE4 and a very nice runner to thanks for sharing this lovely engine.
Cheers

         Kevin
Reply
Like
Share

Minor1PJG
SE1 - Steam enthusiast 1 star
Minor1PJG
SE1 - Steam enthusiast 1 star
Joined: June 3rd, 2008, 10:23 pm

January 11th, 2018, 1:33 pm #12

Beautiful :-)  One still on my wish list!!
Chuff, chuff
Reply
Like
Share

grjman
Minor 1 - beginner
grjman
Minor 1 - beginner
Joined: December 24th, 2017, 3:40 pm

January 19th, 2018, 8:07 pm #13

Alex-G wrote: Newly acquired SE4 on its first run after a little clean and oil.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am new to steam but need to know what the green cylinder with the red dial isthat is connected to the burner area? Also a lovely machine I must look into investing in one, nice looks and action.

Gary
Reply
Like
Share

Spokesmann
Administrator
Administrator
Joined: June 7th, 2007, 11:39 pm

January 19th, 2018, 8:08 pm #14

grjman wrote:
Alex-G wrote: Newly acquired SE4 on its first run after a little clean and oil.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am new to steam but need to know what the green cylinder with the red dial isthat is connected to the burner area? Also a lovely machine I must look into investing in one, nice looks and action.

Gary
Gas burner and tank


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply
Like
Share

grjman
Minor 1 - beginner
grjman
Minor 1 - beginner
Joined: December 24th, 2017, 3:40 pm

January 19th, 2018, 8:11 pm #15

Spokesmann wrote:
grjman wrote:
Alex-G wrote: Newly acquired SE4 on its first run after a little clean and oil.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am new to steam but need to know what the green cylinder with the red dial isthat is connected to the burner area? Also a lovely machine I must look into investing in one, nice looks and action.

Gary
Gas burner and tank


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nifty, looks universal. Can it be used on most bonkers? If so where can I purchase. Thanks again. I love this hobby.

Gary

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Reply
Like
Share


Confirmation of reply: