Sunny Paws Daycare: A Baby Fur Text Adventure

Games of the visual sort, not forum-games.

Sunny Paws Daycare: A Baby Fur Text Adventure

04 Jun 2017, 03:34 #1

Hopefully I am setting this up right. I’ve been lurking here for a while, but only joined recently so that I could try adding a game that I have been working on when I can't sleep. Slightly afraid of how much anyone will like it, but who knows. Someone might enjoy it still. I made this on the system provided here:http://textadventures.co.uk/quest You can play it online, but I think it works faster offline. As fair warning, I do not consider myself a great writer by any means and if not for the simple system that Quest sets up and information I found on their forums I would have no clue how to put together any of this. And a huge thank you to everyone who posts games here for giving me the inspiration to try it myself.

Game synopsis:
In this text adventure, you play as an adult anthropomorphic wolf that wakes up in an alternate reality after going to their local daycare for a job interview. Trapped by a magic plush toy who is following them and treating them like a baby, they have to find the way out before the plush and everything else in the daycare manage to regress them into an infant.

Here is a link to the game:
http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/wdj...ny-paws-daycare
I don’t know how well it runs online, but I can say it runs well in the offline downloaded version of Quest http://textadventures.co.uk/quest/desktop

What is in the game at the moment:
*I have fully implemented a potty system including separate integers for bladder and bowels as well as a potty training system where you gain points every time you use your diaper and loss points every time you use the potty. If you become fully incontinent, there is a way to get back the feeling needed to start potty training again, but I am not going to spoil how.
*You also have values for hunger and thirst which you will have to watch. If they hit zero, you will slowly loss health until you faint. Eating and drinking will affect your bladder and bowels.
*I have set up a battle system where monsters can appear and you will either need to fight or run from them. The monsters only have a chance to appear when traveling between rooms. There are a total of sixteen different monsters that will fight to try and lower your health and make you faint, raise your bladder and/or bowels stats, and raise your regression stat. If you faint in front of a monster, each one will perform a different scene.
*There is also a regression system that will change some descriptions as well as open up options for performing more childish actions as you gain points in it. Careful not to let it go too far as the only game over point so far is when you gain up too many points and turn into an infant.
*There are a handful of endings you can get depending on how far you have regressed and how much of your potty training you forgot during your time in the daycare. In addition, there is also a game over point if you regress too far at any point during the game.

Species List:
Canine/Wolf
Feline/Cat
Vulpine/Fox
Rabbit
Dragon
Human

Difficulty Settings:
Easy: No game over for exceeding the regression point cap.
Normal: Everything is standard. Game over is active and enemy damage is at its standard amount.
Hard: Game over is active, enemies will do more damage, and enemy attacks that do not target health will still injure you.

Plans for the future if people show any interest:
(Added now:*Add an agility stat and stat upgrades from items to help increase it, which would lower RNG effect on running from monsters.)
(Added now: *Improve the basement section by adding regressed descriptions. Currently only the adult descriptions are in game for that part.)
*Try to learn to draw decently and add more images.
*Add better descriptions then the ones I threw together on most things to help make for a better experience.
*Find a way to make a level up system that doesn't turn you into a god as fast as the last one I tried to make.
*Add more food and drinks, as well as potty locations.
(Added now: *Grant the ability to pick gender and species from a few at the start. As well as, allowing the player to pick their name. I feel like this could be a lot better if players could customize their self a bit so that they can relate better to the character. (Species ideas in the works, Canine as in the current wolf, Feline maybe some type of house cat, dragon thought their wing size would have to be small so they cannot fly, and human for the abdl players who are not quite into being a babyfur.))
(Added now*Rework potty system to make room for underpants and pull ups as well as thicker diapers. My current plan is to turn the diaper packs you find into enchanted versions and make it so the clothing you wear will determine the pattern on your diaper or underwear, and the new diapers would do something special for you.)

EchoSRP was super nice and made a map of the daycare, so here is a link if anyone is feeling lost:http://imgur.com/zyhHPyq

Shivers created another set of maps which, at the moment of typing this, are the most up to date These can be found on page 17 of this topic http://z13.invisionfree.com/foxtalestimes/...&#entry40009003

That would be about it for now. I would love some feedback for things you might want to see in this or future game attempts. Also since I am no expert on game making and may have missed some stuff while I tested the main story line, let me know if anything needs fixed or if something is not working right. Anything like better balancing of monster stats or an increase/decrease to the rate your needs stats change or whatever else comes to mind. With that said, I hope you enjoy.

Here is the aslx file for anyone who wants to see the way everything in the game works: http://www.mediafire.com/file/16rqcel67alg...Paws_Moded.aslx

[spoiler="Walkthrough"]-Open the desk in the reception area and push the button inside to open the sensor to the storage room, and then use the sensor at the door to unlock the storage room. If you are wearing a soiled diaper or pull up when you use the sensor, the door will not unlock.

-Find the key in the storage room by looking at the diaper statue inside it, and then use the key at the front door.

-Type “push duck” at the duck fountain at the pond’s edge to raise the bridge to the playground.

-Look at the sandbox to spot a key buried in the sand. Take the key and go to the door to the stairwell door across the hallway from the bathroom to use it.

-Find the classroom and the key to the basement will be inside one of the desks. The desk the key is in and all other objects and traps in the desks will be randomly placed at the start of the game. This key can be used north of the pond’s edge at the cellar hatch.

-Most paths moving through the basement will spit you out at a random location. South always leads back the stairs to the exterior.

Path through the basement without random travel:
Stairs to the Exterior => North => Awful Smelling Dark Room => North => Unstable Hallway => East => Dark Storage Room => West => Chilling Furnace Room => North => Dark Altar Room

- Awful Smelling Dark Room:
Touch the glowing box once to find a part to a stone disc. Remember to pick it up. Open the Cracked Sippy Cup and take the Spectral Pacifier.

- Unstable Hallway:
Pull on the Loose Stones three times and then pick up the stone disc part in the wall. Talk to the Flickering Spirit who will give you a Phantom Book.

- Dark Storage Room:
Spin the dials on the Broken Lockbox to start the puzzle asking the order you would see images in the daycare’s hallways. Touch the images in the order: Image of a sleeping baby, Image of You, Image of a Mouse, then Image of the Alphabet. The box will open and you can take another disc part. Look at the Broken Cribs and take the Ghostly Doll you find inside.

- Chilling Furnace Room
Hit the on button on the Furnace Control Box and a light will turn on. Press the buttons to enter the right numbers for each light color; the codes are listed below. You will need to hit the on button on the control box every time you hit the wrong button and every time you finish the code for each light color. Finishing the last code, the furnace will open showing another disc part for you to take. Open the Old Toy Box and take the Gooey Jump Rope.

Red: 2, 4, 1, 3, 5
Blue: 2, 3, 4, 1, 5
Green: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

- Dark Altar Room
Use any of the disc parts to remake the stone disc and use the finished disc to reveal a Yellow gem you will need to take. Look at the Stone Basin and then take the Transparent Tiara inside.

-Go to all the ghost children in the daycare and use the ghost objects from the basement near them, and then return to the Flickering Spirit in the Unstable Hallway in the basement to receive the Red Gem.

Baby Skunk/Max in the Kitchen on the first floor: Use the Spectral Pacifier
Hyper Active Kangaroo/Katelyn at the Playground outside: Use the Gooey Jump Rope
Paint Covered Kitten/Tabitha in the Art Room on the second floor: Use the Ghostly Doll
Red Panda In Pink/Alex in the Snack Room on the second floor: Use the Transparent Tiara
Little Rabbit Boy/Kevin in the Preschool Classroom on the second floor: Use the Phantom Book

-Go to the Tool Shed outside and look at the Pile of broken rocks in the Right Cabinet. Take the Aqua Rock and go into the bathroom. Type “use aqua rock on toilet” and take the Blue gem.

-Use all three gems at the Front Path outside and pull open the gate. Sammy will ask if you are sure you want to leave the first time you pull and pulling one more time will end the game
[/spoiler]

TottieTa
Regular

04 Jun 2017, 10:37 #2

How do you open the 1st locked door across from the bathroom, the one in the shed were baseball stuff is, and what is the blue gem for if you don't mind my asking?

Also will there be a way to turn down monster encounters?

Overall though i must say that so far I like this a lot. Really it's what I've thought of for a game as well minus the furry part and the amount of description you've put on the using of the diapers and mess they create.

a3766399
Lurker
a3766399
Lurker

04 Jun 2017, 11:46 #3

Gave it a try, found some errors. Unfortunately didn't write everything down.

"Ask to wear" does not change what you are wearing.

The potty training chart has a syntax error. Line 6136. Don't put Whitespace between < and =
Tracking that down, I found Line 1139 (defeated by powder bottle) sets the wrong variable.

There's more, but I don't remember it all.

It's a decent game, from what I've seen. The random encounters were a little too aggressive, since you could get ambushed five times in a row. Is there even any point to fighting? Might as well just run away if there's no reward for winning. Maybe let the player regain some maturity?

04 Jun 2017, 16:04 #4

First @TottieTa
There are keys to both of these locks, but you would have to find them. Remember that your character can glance over things if you do not look at objects around the area try looking outside to progress farther and see if that helps.

The blue gem and any gems like it are used to help you escape, but you have to find the right place to use them first. I don't really want to say more then that just yet unless you need me to.

@a3766399
Thanks for pointing those errors out; they are fixed now. I did do hours and hours of testing to make sure everything works, but I still missed a lot it seems. Also, the "Ask to wear" verb now works.

And the reason for fighting through the battles is to gain back any maturity you lost. I increased the amount for the exterior, second floor, and basement monsters. Other then that, I don't know how to encourage going through with monster fights.

As for the encounters which you both asked about, I made it so you have a few turns of reprieve from them if you run and an even greater number of turns if you win a fight.

I updated the file in the link. Thank you both for helping me fix some of the problems!

Edit: Sorry just fixed something I broke. Monsters should still start spawning again if you faint.

TottieTa
Regular

04 Jun 2017, 17:44 #5

Yeah I still can't figure out how to open those two doors lol.

Plus really have to wonder what is up with this:

P_T_D__F_T__P_T_R_T_B_W_S_T_W
U_H_U_O_H__A_O_I_H_A_I__H_H_A
S_E_C__R_E__T___S_E__L_L_O_E_Y
H___K_______H___E____L_L_W___

04 Jun 2017, 17:55 #6

That would be I am bad at hints and wrote things late at night when my mind was not working right. That and most of this game was me experimenting to see what things do in the game. I was hoping that it would be easy to get past the pond, but try reading it up and down and see if that helps.

If I knew how to do a spoiler thing I would post the puzzle answers and ways to get by things I thought would give people trouble.

TottieTa
Regular

04 Jun 2017, 17:55 #7

and I'm stupid

awsomesause
Regular

04 Jun 2017, 19:22 #8

LOVING this game so far, but yeah I'm stuck on the P_T_D__F_T__P_T_R_T_B_W_S_T_W
U_H_U_O_H__A_O_I_H_A_I__H_H_A
S_E_C__R_E__T___S_E__L_L_O_E_Y
H___K_______H___E____L_L_W___ part.

TottieTa
Regular

04 Jun 2017, 19:48 #9

[spoiler="solution to the bridge puzzle"]
"push duck" at the duck fountain
[/spoiler]

Also Idk if the enemy encounter rate fix wears off if you get ko'd but man the encounter rate really gets out of hand still for me after one.

04 Jun 2017, 20:12 #10

I can't see anything that would make it increase. It is just a flag that sets and un-sets based on a number of turns after a battle ends. I could lower the percent chance of an encounter if it is too much of a problem.

Also, sorry about the duck pond thing. Placing notes like that is apparently a bad idea.