Momsterous (update 6/30/2014)

CS_Fox
Noticable Member
CS_Fox
Noticable Member

November 15th, 2013, 7:34 pm #1

I've been working on this for well over a year now. I've been pretty hush hush and I've debated on whether I should release a demo yet or not, and figured, with the interest in FTT games lately, I might as well throw this out there.

http://www.foxtalestimes.com/Games_2/index.html

This is a link to the little dev site I made for my game "Momsterous". It is an RPGmaker VX Ace game about a boy, a magical girl, and a bad something that wants to be everyone's Mother.

The file size is a little large (150some mb), based on recommendations, in the next version I'm going to separate the music out. So that each new demo download will only be around 20mb, and you just have to copy over the music from the last demo download to play it.

Please keep in mind, this is a demo and not a finished game. It is roughly 65% of chapter 1. I have plotted and mapped the game up to 7 chapters ... soooo... its going to be BIG. My progress has slowed over the last two months as school started again for me. I'm almost ready to graduate though so hopefully I'll have time to pick up my progress once more.

Notes:

-There are four 'pictures' in game. See if you can find them all. An extra four are already done but haven't been put in game yet.
-I'm only just getting started on branching options and there will be a lot more to do in and around the town after I get the first chapter done. The plan is do main storyline, then go back and add in extra storylines (like what to do with Don C, and your classmates.

Request:

Please report any bugs. As well as leave any suggestions for things you'd like to see or take out. I know some of you are not fans of combat, I still felt a tug to include it which is against my usual design. I feel it can aid the game some, but I will make most of it optional and give you the ability to avoid it if you want.

If anyone would like to add in mini-events in town, or would like to peek under the hood, PM me, we can talk about sending an open copy of the game, but this is really only an offer to friends who know me, there's a lot in there I worked hard on. The bathroom scripts along are over 1400 lines of code tracking 12 variables.

tromedlov87
Regular

November 15th, 2013, 8:26 pm #2

Woot! Downloading now.

The bathroom scripts alone are over 1400 lines of code tracking 12 variables.

That's... damned impressive. Great to see so much work went into this, will get back to you on bugs and such once I get playing.

November 15th, 2013, 9:56 pm #3

Hey, good to see this finally out for the public.

Nami4evr
Regular

November 15th, 2013, 10:40 pm #4

if theres one thing I hate- its when people post the games on here of a demo, where they end it RIGHT BEFORE it gets to the good part X(! Update asap! Let me know if you need ideas! Want to play with the nursery setting asap X<

CS_Fox
Noticable Member
CS_Fox
Noticable Member

November 15th, 2013, 11:25 pm #5

Nami4evr @ Nov 15 2013, 04:40 PM wrote: if theres one thing I hate- its when people post the games on here of a demo, where they end it RIGHT BEFORE it gets to the good part X(! Update asap! Let me know if you need ideas! Want to play with the nursery setting asap X<

Things I'm short on: Time
Things I'm not short on: Ideas (But always happy for more, especially things to do in town).

Part of my reason for posting this was to try and motivate myself.

I've been tooling around some. The current thing I was dabbling on some last weekend was with the maid outside of the playpen. I've been working on an X/Y coordinate recognition script so that she'll occasionally roam around the play area. If you're agelevel is low enough, and you're close by (X/Y coordinates again), she'll stop you and either check your pants or ask if you'd like to be taken to the potty. On that same note, she will also react and investigate if she finds a puddle.

For the nursery though, I've been trying to figure game time... and could use some advice. Should it work on real time? Like every second equals a minute in game (1 minute = an hour) for calculating when the next 'event' like lunch, naptime etc starts. The other idea would make it an event stream, like Lunch comes only after you've talked to X.

November 16th, 2013, 12:21 am #6

CS_Fox @ Nov 15 2013, 05:25 PM wrote:
Nami4evr @ Nov 15 2013, 04:40 PM wrote: if theres one thing I hate- its when people post the games on here of a demo, where they end it RIGHT BEFORE it gets to the good part X(! Update asap! Let me know if you need ideas! Want to play with the nursery setting asap X<

Things I'm short on: Time
Things I'm not short on: Ideas (But always happy for more, especially things to do in town).

Part of my reason for posting this was to try and motivate myself.

I've been tooling around some. The current thing I was dabbling on some last weekend was with the maid outside of the playpen. I've been working on an X/Y coordinate recognition script so that she'll occasionally roam around the play area. If you're agelevel is low enough, and you're close by (X/Y coordinates again), she'll stop you and either check your pants or ask if you'd like to be taken to the potty. On that same note, she will also react and investigate if she finds a puddle.

For the nursery though, I've been trying to figure game time... and could use some advice. Should it work on real time? Like every second equals a minute in game (1 minute = an hour) for calculating when the next 'event' like lunch, naptime etc starts. The other idea would make it an event stream, like Lunch comes only after you've talked to X.

For a VX game, I imagine a event stream style thing would mostly be the way to go. That's what you've used in pretty much all your other stuff, right?

Lurkerson
Regular

November 16th, 2013, 2:10 am #7

[/lurk]
I really like what you have down thus far. The writing is pretty good, and I really like the situation of a guy becoming a magical girl. Speaking of which, was that the Sailor Starlights' theme during the villain meeting? Nice choice for a magical girl game.

Anyway, I couldn't find much in the way of bugs from what is there so far aside from the occasional object being walk-through-able, but that didn't lead to any game breaking situations. As far as the nursery goes I noticed that even though you said the waking/breakfast part was working, the only bit that happens is the caretaker coming in to check on you. After that it just leaves you as an invisible sprite with nothing happening. Besides that I noticed that the bear in the nursery for changing your outfit only seems to work once.
[lurk]

somerandomguy
Regular

November 16th, 2013, 2:24 am #8

Alright, I've played through the main story twice now, and piddled around quite a bit in the daycare, and I believe I am now ready to give out what I can.

First, the main game. It's absolutely wonderful. Story is amazing, well written, hilarious, and a refreshing change from a lot of the trite plots of many other ABDL stories and games. I didn't even know I had a transformation fetish until now. Can't wait until more of the story is available, hopefully to the point you can actually change/use different types of underwear and clothing and have the bathroom system active.

Speaking of the main story, I encountered only one glitch so far, but it's a very strange one. When I went through the second time, and I made sure Michael used the bathroom so Mira wouldn't pop out and wet the bed, the morning of school had me stuck as Mira with no way to change back to Michael, I couldn't put my dress in the wash at all, and I eventually went to school as Mira the rest of the time. Even stranger, after class and the pop quiz, I ended up going to lunch as Mira still, but somehow a second Michael was in the party with me, so I had Michael following Mira up until Idril's realm. Super strange. Only other glitches I saw were in the nursery test, where after using the bear once, I could never*NEVER* change clothes again, even after doing another start.

Speaking of the Nursery Test, I love it. A few more creative options and something to actually do rather than walk around and look at incomplete scripting would make it magnificently fun, almost like a mini skirmish mode, rather than walking around waiting for Mira to poop herself constantly. I haven't done that much constant no-interaction walking since I was trying to hatch a shiny in Pokemon. But these are just my gripes, and I know the game is far from complete, so these probably won't amount to much in the future.

Overall, I have levels of hype for an ABDL game I have not had since I read through the coding of Colette's game and saw the massive potential in it. That's what this game also contains, much, MUCH potential. Can't wait until your next update, and I hope I didn't strain your eyes too much reading all of that.

Ron900123

November 16th, 2013, 2:50 am #9

This is fantastic! As stated above the story is quite good and the nursery system has some HUGE potential but overal just keep it up and am anxious for the next release!! :lol:

CS_Fox
Noticable Member
CS_Fox
Noticable Member

November 16th, 2013, 4:09 am #10

Lurkerson @ Nov 15 2013, 08:10 PM wrote:Speaking of which, was that the Sailor Starlights' theme during the villain meeting?  Nice choice for a magical girl game.

Good on you for spotting that. Considering what the Sailor Starlight's were, I thought it'd be pretty appropriate.

somerandomguy @ Nov 15 2013, 08:24 PM wrote:When I went through the second time, and I made sure Michael used the bathroom so Mira wouldn't pop out and wet the bed, the morning of school had me stuck as Mira with no way to change back to Michael, I couldn't put my dress in the wash at all, and I eventually went to school as Mira the rest of the time.

I knew I was forgetting something. Yah, the option to miss wetting the bed by using the bathroom every night is something I'm still working on. Basically HARD MODE of the game will be trying to maintain your potty training through out the game while still developing magic.

In other notes... you can shower before class... although I've been debating just how much as a teen Michael should explore his new other half. I kind of like the idea of him being afraid of it. Also, I think I might leave in the nursery test... just as a place for people to play if they're really not interested in the game. As wanky as it sounds, once the events are in place, it can be a perpetual game on its own.

And thanks everyone for the kind words. I wanted to give the town a little life and personality. The teens especially, since what's there now is still just the intro really. The teens of town will be under threat and later (in classic ABDL fetish fashion) parents will begin adopting what you'd assume natural when their child starts wetting the bed.