Nami4evr
Regular

November 16th, 2013, 4:47 am #11

Aw god CS, didn't even know you were the one who made it XP point remains the same!

Nuttin personal, but lack of DL content-related games on here, almost all demos end right when it gets to the padded pieces X<

And to answerin the timing question for the nursery, I think the whole minute=hour thing would be good, or make it twice as long so 2 minutes = 1 hour

somerandomguy
Regular

November 16th, 2013, 4:57 am #12

Nami4evr @ Nov 15 2013, 08:47 PM wrote: And to answering the timing question for the nursery, I think the whole minute=hour thing would be good, or make it twice as long so 2 minutes = 1 hour

I can't believe I overlooked that part, but yeah, the time-based system sounds much better than having it be based on specific events or conversations. Adds that spec of spontaneity and helps differentiate experiences.

Also, unrelated to above, but you mentioned the demo was about 65% of chapter 1. At what point in this or the next chapters will you introduce the official story-related potty system?

DABlade
Regular
DABlade
Regular

November 16th, 2013, 5:14 am #13

Ok not going to lie wasn't expecting anything nearly as ambitious as what I got. You've got a lot of strange, in a very good way, concepts everywhere and that's leaving me incredible interested. I will definitely be watching this thread like a hawk.

Oh yeah played threw once didn't notice anything wrong, at least not without an explicit message telling me the code was incomplete, bug wise.

CS_Fox
Noticable Member
CS_Fox
Noticable Member

November 16th, 2013, 5:50 am #14

somerandomguy @ Nov 15 2013, 10:57 PM wrote:
Nami4evr @ Nov 15 2013, 08:47 PM wrote: And to answering the timing question for the nursery, I think the whole minute=hour thing would be good, or make it twice as long so 2 minutes = 1 hour

I can't believe I overlooked that part, but yeah, the time-based system sounds much better than having it be based on specific events or conversations. Adds that spec of spontaneity and helps differentiate experiences.

Also, unrelated to above, but you mentioned the demo was about 65% of chapter 1. At what point in this or the next chapters will you introduce the official story-related potty system?

Time based it is... I'm still not set on exactly the conversion, a bit of play-testing will be in order. For now, I'm going to try and finish the events first before setting time. I'll probably set up another toy you can click to just allow you to trigger the different daily events, and once I've got enough for a full day cued in, I'll try it with that.

The biggest problem is scope. I've already got the ground work code in, but even with just my initial plans, the nursery events will need to be done 3x. Eating lunch as a teen is going to be very different from being fed lunch as a teen-baby, etc.

Sooo the order of the nursery building will be: finish scripted daily events. Finish timer for event progression. Throw in random elements like pants checks and tricks from maids. Wrap it up in the overarching story where you're supposed to be trying to find Amy and escaping with as much Maturity as you can.

---

As for when the potty system will be introduced to the main story, the initial stuff is going to happen after the second dungeon. Idril lets on a few things about what's taken for magic, and in exchange for the healing spelling, well... you'll find out. Bathrooms are already littered around the town, but I'm still debating punishments and slips for accidents.

somerandomguy
Regular

November 16th, 2013, 6:01 am #15

Sooo the order of the nursery building will be: finish scripted daily events. Finish timer for event progression. Throw in random elements like pants checks and tricks from maids. Wrap it up in the overarching story where you're supposed to be trying to find Amy and escaping with as much Maturity as you can.

Sounds like a good plan. But is this just for the side-story nursery, or is this also going to double as the main story's nursery plotline? Will there be any actual difference between the two?

As for when the potty system will be introduced to the main story, the initial stuff is going to happen after the second dungeon. Idril lets on a few things about what's taken for magic, and in exchange for the healing spelling, well... you'll find out. Bathrooms are already littered around the town, but I'm still debating punishments and slips for accidents.

AWW, and you had to end the demo so close to that! Can't wait to see how that is implemented. This is going to suck up sooo much of my free time once it's at that level.

CS_Fox
Noticable Member
CS_Fox
Noticable Member

November 16th, 2013, 6:13 am #16

somerandomguy @ Nov 16 2013, 12:01 AM wrote: Sounds like a good plan. But is this just for the side-story nursery, or is this also going to double as the main story's nursery plotline? Will there be any actual difference between the two?

The main story will take you to the nursery in pursuit of Amy... but what has been suggested by a tester was that there be a separate nursery option like how the test nursery is there now. The separate nursery would be the same really, just without the main story. Mira and Amy haven't visited yet. You'd be joe-any-teen captured by the maids and just going through daily life as you slip down toward a padded end. Could possibly allow for the player to choose a character from a few pre-mades... the problem with this though is that its a very ambitious side project, and just adapting the potty scripts alone to different facesets and another character would take hours. It could happen, but I'd need experienced help, and keeping in like with K.I.S.S., it's going on the idea pile but no guarantee.

Eta
Regular
Eta
Regular

November 16th, 2013, 7:02 am #17

I've got something of a question: I tried the Nursery Test before I started the game proper, but after the initial dialog, and the girl wetting the bed/pull ups as she sleeps, when you pick the Wakeup/breakfast scenario, the nurse or whatever walks into the room, has a bit of dialog, and then absolutely nothing happens. Using the arrow keys just pans the screen around, is this because it is unfinished?

Hyro
Hyro

November 16th, 2013, 11:34 am #18

"Two hours later..."
Visit my website! Diaper Divas!

CS_Fox
Noticable Member
CS_Fox
Noticable Member

November 16th, 2013, 2:51 pm #19

Eta @ Nov 16 2013, 01:02 AM wrote: I've got something of a question: I tried the Nursery Test before I started the game proper, but after the initial dialog, and the girl wetting the bed/pull ups as she sleeps, when you pick the Wakeup/breakfast scenario, the nurse or whatever walks into the room, has a bit of dialog, and then absolutely nothing happens. Using the arrow keys just pans the screen around, is this because it is unfinished?

Yah, at the moment its not done. Apologies :/

Lurkerson
Regular

November 16th, 2013, 3:24 pm #20

[/lurk]

I did just realize one big problem in the game. When you go into the grocery store and talk to Ralph he will sell alcohol to a minor.

Shame on you, CS. Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

[lurk]