Angels and Demons (Demo 1.3 in development, beta demo 1.2.4 released 11/24/2017)

Games of the visual sort, not forum-games.

Angels and Demons (Demo 1.3 in development, beta demo 1.2.4 released 11/24/2017)

XenonVoid
Noticable Member
XenonVoid
Noticable Member

08 Apr 2016, 11:04 #1

You can download demo 1.1 at this Dropbox link. Or, if you're a Mac user, then I'll kindly direct you to this Dropbox link instead, which is the Mac release. The new version isn't perfect by any stretch, but I did what I could. More info about the major changes made since the last version will be on page fifteen.

And if you'd like to experience the rewritten opening and see a redesigned Salamander Desert, as well as try out the new password I implemented which grants the player's entire party access to one of the four most broken passives in the game, then I will direct you to this Dropbox link for the windows version of beta demo 1.2.4 and this Dropbox link for the Mac version of the same beta demo. They don't add any new story content since the last beta demo, but they do make a lot of revisions and bugfixes and plugin additions which will be kept in the next content update, and they give the players who think the game is too hard in a certain regard an easy way out in the form of the level two password. More on that in this post's password section. Also, this beta demo adds a new set of joke weapons which are Carrot Daggers which you use to stab people. There are twelve obtainable in the game so far, so see if you can collect them all!

To fix the glitches found by Lurkerson and Anonymoose in the above beta demo, patch the files in this Dropbox link to your data folder, and then patch the file in this Dropbox link to your js folder. Finally, patch the contents of this folder to your js/plugins folder to solve the issue discussed on page 45 and add battle accidents to the game as well as make Kimiko's Counter Force skills unable to be countered by enemies.

To fix the issue with the DD guard guy blocking your path after you've beaten the estate, save in another map (if you haven't gotten to the DD at all yet just save anywhere), close out, and patch these files into your www/data directory.

Demo 1.3 will effectively double the amount of playable areas and somewhat drastically change many functionalities along with the early story, and is expected to debut some time in May. Look forward to it, and if you want to help it be more complete, send me your ideas for NPCs of existing areas in the currently released demo!

For first time players, there is a password system to activate the ABDL content. To rephrase: if you don't enter the ABDL password at the start of the game, you won't see any ABDL content. Here is a list of all the passwords currently included, case sensitive:

ABDLmode - turns on ABDL content and must be used first
Power - gives the starting character some extra base stats, will also increase stats of all primary characters upon joining the party in demo 1.1
Riches - gives the party some extra money
Prosperity - gives the party some extra items
LV2 - gives the user the ability to choose one of four passives which will be applied to all party members, even optional recruitables. The passives are as follows:
     Power - divided into two segments, those being the general passive and the personal passives. The general passive affects everyone and is only obtainable through the LV2 password, unlike every other passive obtainable through the same method. It gives large bonuses to hit rate, critical rate, counterattack rate, guard effect, healing effect and item effect. The personal passives are unique to one of the six main characters and boost every stat by a bare minimum of ten percent, with the stats which receive the largest boost being the character's key stats. These are obtainable through having the individual character be above a certain level requirement before a specific point in the main story, even if the Power option is not selected.
     Learning - boosts every party member's experience gained by a five times multiplier, or 250% of base. In addition, boosts all stats with the exceptions of Max HP and MP by 25% of base. This passive is obtainable in the main story by having Amadea reach level twenty before their first night camping together, with the easiest grinding spot of course being the Don Diego Estate dungeon right before that point.
     Adventurer - cancels surprise attacks, raises preemptive strike rates, boosts all the evasive stats of every party member by 25%, zeroes out their floor damage, lowers their MP cost rate by ten percent, preserves the Drive gauge outside of battle even for Kimiko, and doubles every party member's Agility stat, which in turn raises preemptive rates further and speeds up party actions. Currently the only passive not yet obtainable in the main story, but will be obtainable later on through the completion of a sufficient number of sidequests up until that point, just because of how ludicrously broken the agility bonus is by itself, never mind everything else this thing gives.
     Lucky - boosts the critical hit rate and critical evasion rate by 25%, gives a party wide doubling of the gold and item drop rates, and then also adds 200% more gold and drop rate for every member in the active party (will be balanced out in future updates, it was supposed to add 100% because I forgot it wasn't a multiplier). Currently obtainable in the main story by having at least twenty four separate rare pieces of equipment by the time you beat the snake at the end of the Salamander Desert. If you figure out where to find the Carrot Daggers in the game up to that point, that'll get you halfway there without even having to grind for drops, and the rest can be pretty easily gotten through the chests in the Don's Estate if you get all the combos right. From there you'd really only need to get one or two rare drops from enemies, and you'd get this bonus, thereby effectively removing the need to grind for rare drop equipment entirely for the rest of the game..

As of demo 1.1, there are a few bugs that I do not have the means of fixing. They are as follows:

-If you enter the hospital map from the wrong tile (I think only the first time, and on the upper tile, but I forgot which one it is since it's been so long so be sure to save right after talking to Amadea in the story event), the game will freeze for a reason I haven't been able to deduce.
-On rare occasions, when you enter a new map, the events won't load and nothing in those events will happen (or on other occasions, the incorrect page will load and the wrong event will happen). However, this can be solved simply by exiting the map and entering it again. Good rule of thumb: if you know from the dialogue or design that a map has significance, yet when you enter it and walk around a bit, nothing triggers, go back out and enter the map again.
-Also on rare occasions, movement routes will be slightly off, usually by one tile and for only one of them if there are multiple. This typically happens if you used the above fix to get an event to load, and that event had a move route.
-In the Don's estate, a good sized chunk of the enemies you fight will disappear somewhere in their movement routes before they speak or around their first line. I have tried to varying degrees to fix this, but some of the causes seem to be inherent features of the system, so getting around them might not be an option.

Also, to be perfectly clear: there are several places in the new version that need more NPCs. So if you have ideas for an NPC on any given map, please post them and I'll be sure to include it in the next patch I release!

That's about it. Enjoy!

This game is now on YouTube! I'm making a series of videos of me making and testing the game so people can actually see what I'm doing and why I keep complaining about stuff being tedious as hell. I won't record everything I do with RPG Maker because that would just make things take longer due to, you know, having to speak, but I'll try to capture any moments I think are worth sharing. Without further ado, here's the link to the playlist!

Game Development Playlist Thing

So, this is another game based off of a story. This one, however, is not affiliated with the other games I've been working on. It's something completely new.

While my other games had basically the whole outline planned out from pretty early on, this one is a lot more open-ended - it's based off of a fanfic I could never figure out how to start, and as such, not much of the plot is actually developed yet (though more is fleshed out every day). Fortunately, this means I can basically do whatever I want with it.

Yeah, no, the entire outline is fleshed out now, and I'm even working on the outline of a sequel for when this game's actually done. It was only open ended for the first month, because I didn't know what the hell I wanted to make this game into back then. Now I've got a pretty good idea of how the whole thing will go.

A recurring theme of this game is going to be that you get choices for basically everything. From where to go next to whose side to pick to what to do or say in various situations. This is a game full of choices.

Now for what you guys are probably wondering: is this ABDL? The answer is yes, but it's honestly a very minor aspect of the overall game. Like, extremely minor, even more so than it was supposed to be in my first game (however in terms of quality I don't plan on skimping - even if it's minor it's still going to be my best shot). Though all six main characters are female (so based on my preferences I could theoretically create diaper content for all of them), only three and a half will be diaperable throughout the vast majority of the story, with the half person being because she's only got bedwetting content, but no daytime accidents.

I had a picture of the world map up here before, but at this point that pic was severely outdated (yet again lol), so I'm putting a new one up that shows what it currently looks like. Here it is!

Screenshot 2017-11-24 04.47.26.png
Last edited by XenonVoid on 16 Jan 2018, 19:23, edited 6 times in total.
"I am the master of the Void, Xeo. Before me, you are but a speck in this endless dimension of darkness." - Xeo/Xenon from Blessed Lightning, a novel I'm working on.

Links to my games with downloads:

The Blades of Legend (this dead shit sucks ass, don't click)

Angels and Demons (kinda bad but it's getting better every release)

XenonVoid
Noticable Member
XenonVoid
Noticable Member

08 Apr 2016, 11:15 #2

EDIT: Never mind this whole post. I figured out a way to do it already so this whole post is now pointless. Skip to the next post for more relevant stuff.

I said it in the first post already, but I'm going to need help with getting the main character to absorb magic, divine and demonic attacks as TP. This will likely need a custom plugin. I am willing to talk compensation if necessary, the logistics of which can be worked out once you've got a working plugin for it.

Of course, if anyone is willing to do it for free, that would be fine, too. I have just about zero coding skills, so I'm going to need someone else to do it one way or another.
"I am the master of the Void, Xeo. Before me, you are but a speck in this endless dimension of darkness." - Xeo/Xenon from Blessed Lightning, a novel I'm working on.

XenonVoid
Noticable Member
XenonVoid
Noticable Member

10 Apr 2016, 04:12 #3

In one day this game has gone from having barely anything fleshed out to having most of the groundwork laid out. I now know exactly what I want to do with the game, I have a title figured out, and I've gotten almost all of the main character's unique skills completed.

So it was actually a lot simpler to make the MC's power fit into the mechanics than I initially thought. I also added twelve skills that she will learn over time - One skill that is meant for taking out enemies of each of the six elements, and one skill meant for attacking bosses of each element. All of them cost TP, meaning she won't be able to use them right away, but the more she gets hit the more skills she can use.

Also, here's a little taste of the art I'm going to have for this game:
Main character bust shot

In addition to bust shots for the main characters of this game, it's also going to have CGs, one of which will be posted here tomorrow.

A lot of stuff has been done, and a lot more stuff is on the way. I may not update this thread much, but rest assured this one is going to get a release hopefully within the month. If not, it'll be the next.

XenonVoid
Noticable Member
XenonVoid
Noticable Member

10 Apr 2016, 06:15 #4

In regards to the game's title, which I mentioned existed but didn't mention the name of, I'm now calling this game "Angels and Demons". The reason why will be explained below.

Pretty early on, the characters will witness a battle between an angel and a demon. In the first playthrough, you will have two options: to help the angel and to help the demon. The side you decide to help will then be the side you back for the rest of the game, so be sure to choose carefully.

In addition, once you complete the game (well, once the game is completed and you finish it, which could be a while), you'll have the option to restart from the beginning in a sort of New Game Plus. The monsters and bosses will be stronger, and the game overall will be harder. Once you get to the choice between siding with Angels or Demons, I'd recommend choosing the one you didn't the first time around, because once you complete both initial routes, you'll be given a third option: to side with neither (and if enough people want it I can make a fourth option to side with both as well, leave your thoughts on that if you're interested in having your opinion heard).

So yeah, in this game I'm aiming for a high level of replay value. I figure new game plus is something not often done in RPG Maker, so this would spice things up.

DL_Goplayer
Regular

10 Apr 2016, 13:04 #5

I hope you work on the map a bit. It seems quite under developed. [I know its just a quick rough draft]
My current Game Projects and conditions.
Tales of a Diapered Adventurer [on hiatus]

No title currently. [On going development]

Omu Knights: [Side project worked on only when I can't think of what to do next]

XenonVoid
Noticable Member
XenonVoid
Noticable Member

11 Apr 2016, 03:44 #6

DL_Goplayer @ Apr 10 2016, 07:04 AM wrote: I hope you work on the map a bit. It seems quite under developed. [I know its just a quick rough draft]

The screenshot of the world map that's in the first post is already outdated. I'm working on other maps (the first town currently) for the moment though, so I'll get back to the world map later.

XenonVoid
Noticable Member
XenonVoid
Noticable Member

11 Apr 2016, 05:35 #7

So, been working on the maps of the first town some more. Luckily for me the building I was working on doesn't need the second floor mapped until after the end of the first demo, so I don't need to work on that yet.

In other news, the first CG for the game has been completed! Posting it below, and this time the actual image should show up in the post, not just a link.

This is the main character about to kill someone. I won't say anything more, since more than that would be spoiler territory.

XenonVoid
Noticable Member
XenonVoid
Noticable Member

11 Apr 2016, 05:40 #8

Also, a bit more elaboration on the New Game Plus thing: neither of the two initial routes (siding with angels and siding with demons) will bring you to the true ending. You have to play both of them and beat both of them in order to unlock the route that leads to the true/good end. Just so you know what you're up against when playing this game.

XenonVoid
Noticable Member
XenonVoid
Noticable Member

11 Apr 2016, 23:08 #9

All but two of the main character's bust shots have been completed. Below is a GIF file of all of them at once, with a URL of the artist's tumblr at the top of the images.

That's it for now.

XenonVoid
Noticable Member
XenonVoid
Noticable Member

12 Apr 2016, 05:18 #10

Along with making changes to the first town, I have now made some substantial edits to the world map. Screenshot below:

Also, the first dungeon is going to have a puzzle and BGM from a certain early-game place in Zelda Ocarina of Time. So once you hear that song, if you recognize it and know where it's from... then yes, this dungeon is going to be just as annoying as that place would be without a walkthrough.