Parts for my C4

Parts for my C4

AaronP
AaronP

April 28th, 2012, 8:18 pm #1

I'm having a really difficult time finding a part number for a neutral safety switch. The one that came with the transmission I believe is the wrong one. The positions on the switch don't line up correctly with the position of the transmission? I checked it with a multi meter and when the switch is adjusted to be in position for the park gear the neutral is not lined up. And vice versa. So if possible I'd like to find a part number and see if it's the right switch. And if not get the right one. The transmission code for my transfer is PEE AE8. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Aloha, Aaron

April 29th, 2012, 2:25 am #2

There is a small hole in the switch to properly align it.

Place the transmission in neutral, put a small cotter pin or drill into the hole.
Move the switch until the pin enters farther into the hole.
Tighten the switch.

April 29th, 2012, 6:02 am #3

just to clarify the type of switch and what it looks like I posted a link to the NSS that I currently have, pn: REPF506407.
(http://www.automotix.net/bodyparts/1970 ... 06407.html )
Is this the correct part for my transmission? I don't know how to reference parts for m trans, this is just the one that came with it and I cant get it to work? I tried adjusting it, the two screw holes are slotted to allow for movement. but when the "park" or "neutral was in position I was not able to get the other to match up. I was using a multimeter to test for current. Im really new with mechanic work so I really appreciate the help and forums like this. Thanks everyone.

April 29th, 2012, 2:07 pm #4

That is the correct switch.

Adjust it as Stuart described above.

April 30th, 2012, 5:06 am #5

thank you