Hello again everyone-

Hello again everyone-

November 10th, 2011, 3:34 am #1

Although I am (and will ALWAYS be) a Ford man, does anyone know of a GM-/PG/TH350/TH400/700R4 specific forum for tech for those units such as we have here? Have various projects to fulfill and questions I'd like to have answered. Thanks for any leads, JC

gregaust
gregaust

November 10th, 2011, 9:14 am #2

Lot of info here and good knowledgable guys

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30

November 10th, 2011, 12:10 pm #3

Although I am (and will ALWAYS be) a Ford man, does anyone know of a GM-/PG/TH350/TH400/700R4 specific forum for tech for those units such as we have here? Have various projects to fulfill and questions I'd like to have answered. Thanks for any leads, JC
You can give me a try.
I'm not that proud to work on a GM product.

When I had my transmission centre I worked on whatever came through the door.

November 10th, 2011, 10:15 pm #4

Thanks Stuart and Greg (again) What immediately concerns me is a th350 to back a 450/475 flywheel hp in a street strip mini truck. I know the correct converter parameters are a must as is the vb mods. But what I am debating in clutch drum setup recc's as well as sprag upgrade and any other more common weak points. Parts and technology has changed somewhat since my last GM endeavor. ( oh yeah,Stu-still waiting for a you to build that memoir collection I joked about a long time ago !!! Thanks,JC

November 15th, 2011, 12:25 pm #5

"oh yeah,Stu-still waiting for a you to build that memoir collection I joked about a long time ago !!! Thanks,JC"

You will have to jiggle my brain. Old timers disease.

As for the TH350.

Removal of the direct wavy, shaving the piston and pressure plates to allow an extra fibre and steel.
There are thinner steels that could be used as well as various thickness pressure plates.
Removing the intermediate wavy, shaving the piston and pressure plate for extra plates.
Same with the forward drum.
The O/R clutch is pretty strong but to go for an aftermarket tougher one would require work to the drum or even drum replacement.

tom
tom

November 15th, 2011, 11:24 pm #6

Your t-350 should do ok unless you have big rollers under the rear. I don't advize removing any of the wave plates, but machine your direct piston down to add another friction and steel and an extra .007-.010 thousands. This should make the direct a 5 plate. Use the Transgo 350-2 shift kit.There is no better for this trans. You can overthink and overspend on these units with special parts but I don't think you will need them.

November 16th, 2011, 12:06 am #7

Tom I have removed wavies and had no detrimental affects.

Just our different preferrences.

November 18th, 2011, 3:06 am #8

I appreciate all your help,especially your time. I'm going with your suggestions. Thanks,JC